Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)
  • Can brown bikes work?
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’ve a shitbrown™ Fargo I should really sell as its not getting the use it deserves..

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

This is my commuter bike. It’s brown, and all I ever get are comments on how nice looking it is. Unless everyone is just lying to me.

That’s not brown, it’s creamy beige latte.

breadcrumb

I quite liked my Pitch Pro.

But i wouldn’t choose brown if I was having a bike resprayed.

FOG

My car is almost the same colour as the op. When I bought it , it was in a row of identical model, similar mileage, same age fleet cars except it was a few hundred quid cheaper. When I asked the salesman why, he said it was the colour, they had to make it cheaper to sell it! I wasn’t so bothered about colour, more about paying less money so I bought it. However sitting on a bike you are always aware of the colour, in a car its not such an issue. You only see the colour when you are outside the car.

beanum

May I present my Ragley Rodwell in poo brown. I’ve got used to it, roadies do a double take when they see it… 🙂

[url=https://flic.kr/p/JZMn8W]Escapade Rodwell[/url] by Beanum, on Flickr

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I quite like Salsa’s Brown/Orange/Gold paintwork.

fongsaiyuk
    Free Member

the brown finish on the btr is awesome – pics don’t do it justice

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

You know how some bikes just look ‘right’, or ‘purposeful’?

That doesn’t.

It looks like something an arthritic granny would ride to the market in Belgium.

fongsaiyuk
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member

You know how some bikes just look ‘right’, or ‘purposeful’?

That doesn’t.

It looks like something an arthritic granny would ride to the market in Belgium.

you mean the orange salsa ? :mrgreen:

ianpv
    Free Member

I used to have one of these with orange z1s. Loved it.

simonbea
    Free Member

My brown and sticky

superstu
    Free Member

The chameleon is nice but some of the others make me feel unwell.

deepreddave
    Free Member

I’ve this one and a Kona which is more Brown and coffee. Quite like them to be honest but they do date the year of manufacture more than most colour schemes…

mindmap3
    Free Member

I had a poo brown SX complete with poo brown 36’s.

I thought it looked alright….

pimpingimp
    Free Member

Does metallic count as brown, or is it bronze?
    I used to have a 2009 Enduro SL in Bronze and it was probably the nicest brown I’ve ever seen.

eddyesi
    Free Member

My 2010 fuel ex9 was a little brown, always liked it. For a thing that spends most of its life covered in brown mud it’s was a sensible colour, and the white bits looked fine when they went beige

tomaso
    Free Member

I too have a 2007 Langster finished in dog poo brown. There is no getting away from the fact it is turd coloured. It rides great and I believe actively discourages theft and in fact any form of admiration.

DougD

[url=https://flic.kr/p/JTvpaD]GTR, Tobacco, Copper, Duck Egg Blue, Corretto[/url] by Baum Cycles, on Flickr

tang
    Free Member

Call it what you like, it’s still brown.

RustySpanner

Mine.
    Sparkles nicely in the sunshine, but still reminds me of a turd rolled in glitter in so many ways.

stevenk4563
    Free Member

I did quite like my 456, but I have since got it redone in lime green.

goss
    Free Member

I bought this a few years ago to commute over the winter. got it for sale ever since because the colour is..like that. It hasn’t gotten stolen, obviously, in the 3 years I’ve used it in copenhagen.
    Thomson stem, nice Tiagra 10s groupset, just got a new crankset, anti-puncture tyres – the thieves knows it but it is brown..

Haven’t managed to scratch/chip the paint to have an excuse to paint it over – Cotic simply use a good paint.

antigee

was considering a bit of retro cr-molyness – the bronze looks good – but if buy frameset only then is black – which would be my default – also don’t do my size there small is too big – Australian’s are tall bastards

(wayward cycles cape york tourer / commuter)

arewethereyet
    Free Member

My Condor Leggero, brown one side, cream the other. Lovely.

holdsteady

I was tempted to get a woodgrain SE Lager single speed a few years ago, in hindsight I’m glad I didn’t.

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

A slightly better build on the same frame as the OP. Definitely prefer the orange version though.

honourablegeorge

See, that’s clearly a nice bike, but it’s in spite of the paintjob. Would be so much better in almost any other colour

jmatlock
    Free Member

I saw a guy on the orange Open U.P when I did the dragon ride a few weeks back. It was absolutely beautiful.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

mmmmmm

takisawa2

My mate went shopping for a T5 & come back with a brown colour Renault Grand Scenic
    He calls it bronze.
    I’ve called it “Excrementa”.

chestrockwell

Brown can defo work. I’ve seen a lovely DeKerf that proves it 8)

nickc

Ok, well think we’ve established that brown’s a terrible colour for a bike, I don’t think we need any more pictures. You can all stop now

No, really, please stop now

DanW
    Free Member

I think brown can work… I like the pics taken in very poor lighting or of a copper frame the most 😉

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Not flat poo brown but metallic bronzes can look pretty pimp.

This sort of thing:

z1ppy

shit brown C’dale Prophet.. why, just why?

My mate went shopping for a T5 & come back with a brown colour Renault Grand Scenic
    He calls it bronze.
    I’ve called it “Excrementa”.

Hey not as bad as the T5 in the village, that came in that “shit brown” colour..

tang
    Free Member

Ok, so the consensus is; bronze, copper can be lovely. Flat or glossy brown looks like shit, literally.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

My brother’s old bike, he’s kept the yellow front wheel theme going on his current setup too, must be his thing 🙄

tang
    Free Member

I think I could stretch to this Firefly ti. Fade to feces.

rmacattack
    Free Member

Ok, well think we’ve established that brown’s a terrible colour for a bike, I don’t think we need any more pictures. You can all stop now

No, really, please stop now

agree, to be honest the only time brown works if its a lump of mahogany (wood kind, not geordie lass) or oak.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

I like a brown bike for some odd reason. Currently have this Mercian in Vauxhall Hazel Brown (though it’s quite gold ish)

My old chocholate brown tifosi, frame is still in the loft

and my long gone kona dawg

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Can brown bikes work?’ is closed to new replies.