Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Can anyone tell me the 'new' cost of a VW T2 camper?!
  • spooky_b329

I’m struggling a little with this one;

Looking for the original purchase price of a 1978 VW T2 Bay Window, has a basic camper conversion with a pop up roof, but just looking for a rough guide. A friend is trying to calculate import costs to the Netherlands so needs to know the original price.

Thanks 🙂

(in £’s)

chojin
    Free Member

It is very much condition dependant, expect to pay up to 18000 for a really good one, and about 7000 for a rubbish one

Did you actually read the OP chojin?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The 1978 price or the new one?

chojin
    Free Member

Oops, no I didn’t! Not really with it today 🙂

meehaja
    Free Member

My T25 panel van cost £3500ish new I believe (in 1982) These were quite expensive throughout their life, (Modern ones are about £40k) so comparatively I’d suggest probably about the same for a 78 camper, maybe slightly less? I’ve had a good google, and it seems the answer isn\’t out there, but I remember reading the cost of mine somewhere!

meehaja
    Free Member

Edit: £2300 for a 1977 palomino 2.0 campervan. I have no idea what the spec is on that though!

spooky_b329

Thanks guys…I struggled with Google as well. £2-£3k seems like a good ball park 🙂

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Sounds, cheap! Means i should be able to pick up a decent s/h one for a couple of grand!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone tell me the 'new' cost of a VW T2 camper?!’ is closed to new replies.