Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Can anyone suggest a Cotswolds quick blast?
  • filks

Away in a couple of weeks with the family, have permission for 1 half day ride. Where should I go?

Thanks

5thElefant
    Free Member

The Cotswolds are big. Where are you going to be?

filks

Near Witney

mrmo
    Free Member

Witney, take the A40 to cheltenham turn off at the A436 head towards Gloucester, After the road descends you hit a roundabout, take the second exit, looks like a tarmac farm lane, follow that through the farm yard, on a bit and just before the architect designed house turn right park, get out and explore.

The best riding is imo on the scarp so some car miles will be involved heading away from witney.

filks

Thanks – I’m happy to put some car miles in if needed!

monsteryeti
    Free Member

Where MrMo said if it is wet. This is Leki, go up, go down, go up, go down, find a different route each time. you will never be more than 2 miles from your car.

If it is dry…… Head to Birdlip, park you car at the George Pub then head out into Cranham woods. B4070 is the road to head down, after 1/2 a mile you will see a trail on your right, go down there, then after that one, cross over and follow the trail, every road or turn has a trail…. awesome. Sure someone riding will nudge you in the right way. Cranham when dry is awesome…. (do a google and You Tube search). Look for The Shrine, Teachers, The Wall, The Racetrack, Section 2 left, Buckholt Woods. IF DRY… you will have a gas.

Here are some of Ours –

THE WALL
    THE SHRINE
    TOP OF TEACHERS
    RED HOUSE (NOW WHITE) DOWN
    SECTION 2 LEFT

filks

Cranham looks ace, thanks!

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

What you can do is do both of them in half a day.Park in the Royal George as said do Cranham/Portway onto Paniswick Beacon or do Cranham and ride XC to Lecky Hill not far away from each other if you are parking at either place.Safer to park at the george i think.

sgn23
    Free Member

Take heed of monsteryeti’s “if it’s dry” warning for Cranham. The way the weather is, I doubt it’ll be fun riding by the end of the month.

Cheltenham is worth a visit, you could take the family with you and drop the missus + kids off in Cheltenham for a couple of hours whilst doing the (Lecky) Leckhampton hill trails (2ish miles S from town centre).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone suggest a Cotswolds quick blast?’ is closed to new replies.