Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Can anyone recommendation a site for example covering letters please?
  • Hohum
    Free Member

I have decided that I really need to change my current job and I spent some time looking at a local employer's website last night and I could see a couple of jobs that I could apply for. My CV is up to date, but one thing they asked for was a covering letter and I think the last time I wrote one was when I was applying for jobs from University back in 1994!

The job will be in the same industry and I have over 15 years experience.

Thanks

Junkyard
    Free Member

YGM

tron
    Free Member

Perfect CV by Eggert has a good section on covering letters. It runs something like this:

1) Blow smoke up their arse – have a look at their website and make note of the fact that they've won pipe-fitting manufacturer of the year 7 times in the disposable weevil flange category. Refer to this fact.

2) Show that you understand their business, and note the stuff you can do that matches the role.

3) Blow smoke up their arse again, ending with something like "I would be grateful of the opportunity to discuss this further in person".

mogrim

Can anyone recommendation a site for example covering letters please?

… and make sure you get someone else to proofread it before sending 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone recommendation a site for example covering letters please?’ is closed to new replies.