Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Can anyone recommend me some elbow pads?
  • rupertpostlethwaite
    Free Member

My old elbow pads are showing signs of wear, hence the reason im after some new ones. Im now not confident riding without them, especially as most of my riding is done at coed-y-brenin. I would be gratefull for any recommendations and if there is any good deals on them at the moment, that would be fabulous.

Kuco

Can recommend the POC VPD elbow pads.

kiwifiz
    Free Member

+1 for the POC’s. Excellent and have saved me significant dents and skin loss on several occasions in past few months. But get the sizing right!

I have a brand new unused pair of mediums which I bought new online, but got the sizing wrong and found them to tight……held on to them for a friends GF while ordering a large pair for me, but ended up to big for her….so have them sitting in a drawer at home…… hadn’t quite got round to putting them up for sale in classifieds. You can have for £55 posted (but do your research on sizing!)….or for anyone else who’s interested. email in profile.

Trimix
    Free Member

TBH its quite a personal thing, everyone has different shaped elbows and expectations.

I bought about 4 or 5 from CRC, tired them all on and settled on the POC’s. (Ive got 661Evos for my knees.)

The size is important, you cant go by the suggestions, you have to try them on. Once on I dont notice them, which is great. I now basically wear them for every ride as I cant feel them on. Overkill but my mate broke his elbow falling off on an otherwise safe bit of trail and was off riding for months.

Only downside is you cant bung them in the washingmachine, which is daft. But being elbow pads they dont get dirty like knee pads do.

rupertpostlethwaite
    Free Member

Thanks chaps, and thanks kiwifiz but I don’t really want to spend so much on them as Im wanting to buy some wrist protection aswell. Not wanting to spend more than £10 if I can help it, hence the “looking for any deals” thanks anyway. Any more ideas much appreciated.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone recommend me some elbow pads?’ is closed to new replies.