Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Can anyone recommend me a bike shop in Exeter?
  • lheadhunter
    Free Member

I am moving up to Exeter next week and need some stuff doing to my commuter but wont have the time to do it myself due to working/moving commitments. I need the following:-

Be able to buy a new BB and cranks – plus fitting
    Buy and install rear disc brake pads
    Buy seatpost clamp
    General brake service

Can anyone suggest the best place in Exeter to get this done? Don’t really have any experience of bike shops in Exeter and want to find the right one as I usually end up needing my bikes fixing fairly regularly…

Cheers

chrssmale
    Free Member

I guess the bike shed at the top of fore street is your best bet, its the biggest shop and very helpful staff. Or Richards bikes towards Pinhoe, though I haven’t been there in years. Also cycle surgery nr the motorway services, but I find their staff quite unhelpful.

used to swear by sidwell cycles rip. But I’ve heard their mechanic is now working in the bike shop in Exmouth.

chrssmale
    Free Member

there’s also Partridge cycles on the a38 at kenn at the bottom of haldon hill. they’ve been there for years but I’ve never been in

oomidamon

Bike Shed is by far your best bet. You could try Partridge if you find Halfords too competant / helpful tho…

texas
    Free Member

Also, Exeter Bikes on Topsham Road, oposite the Barracks is pretty good. No 2 week wait like bike shed, and its not half as big so the service is more personal. Bike shed is good though

toys19
    Free Member

The best bike shop for service is Richards bikes. Small, honest, friendly. I would call in advance to check availability of parts.
    I have had poor experience at the bike shed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone recommend me a bike shop in Exeter?’ is closed to new replies.