Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Can anyone recommend a good saddle to prevent saddle sore
  • jonezy400
    Free Member

3-4 times a year I have to take time of riding due to infections in the saddle area.

I wear bib shorts, use chamois cream and keep very
    Clean and still I get them.

Only other thing I can try is a better saddle

Any recommendations would be appreciated

ITS DOING MY HEAD IN

andysredmini
    Free Member

Nobody will be able to recommend you a saddle. They are a personal thing and you need to find one that suits your shape and size.
    Try and find a local shop who can measure you and recommend one based on this.
    I think specialized do it at their concept stores.

gaidong
    Free Member

I agree with ARM that no one can recommend you a perfect fit, but depending on where you’re getting sore (no pix pls!) an ISM saddle might help – http://www.ismseat.com/. I found most saddles very uncomfortable on the gentleman’s area but where there’s no contact there’s no pain! I have ISMs on both road and mountain bike now. Good luck.

jonezy400
    Free Member

Cheers for that will take a look

mrsfry
    Free Member

What saddle are you using. Some stores measure your bottom.

onandon
    Free Member

If the saddle if comfy you could Try moist arse wipes instead of bog roll. Could be a little claggy.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Used to get very bad saddle sore on long cx rides until I swapped to this

http://www.sellesmp.com/smp4bike/en/drakon

kuman
    Free Member

Brooks cambium ? I’m now using c17 on all my bikes, also they are so comfy that I stopped wearing padded shorts. Check your local shops, some have them as demo.

zero-cool
    Free Member

It coul d be you’re bib shorts, I’ve probably had more problems from crap shorts that saddles. My road bike has a Charge Spoon and my MTB has a Pro Atherton saddle. The Wife loves her Bontrager saddle for road biking.
    Anti-bacterial chamois cream and arse/groin wash?

damascus
    Free Member

Saddle position is key for me. If I have the angle wrong then I can get sore.

I used to set my saddle nose angle based on how it looked, how I’d always done it, however, different bikes have different sag levels (on full suss bikes)

If it’s on a full suss bike let the air out of the shock, set the bike to your normal sag and then position the saddle as it’s this angle you will be riding at.

I find now I angle my nose down more than I used to.

Also ask at your lbs if they have any demo saddles. Try as many as you can before you buy

jonezy400
    Free Member

I have just the standard WTB saddle that came
    On my Kona process

To be fair I have never bought a decent one before

Couple people have also recommended fabric scoop saddles and have
    Them for me to try out

jonezy400
    Free Member

Although the SMPs look very
    Good 2

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

No one else has yet so do I got to be the one to say it?

I’m assuming you aren’t wearing your grundies/ boxers under your bib shorts?

jonezy400
    Free Member

Nope no pants just bib
    Shorts

matts
    Free Member

Saddle too high – Rocking from side to side, or hanging off to one side?

skellnonch
    Free Member

got one of these, pretty impressed so far

beermonst3r44
    Free Member

My thudbuster seatpost transformed my ride. My flux feels even softer than ever.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone recommend a good saddle to prevent saddle sore’ is closed to new replies.