Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Can anyone make stuff out of sheet rubber?
  • glasgowdan
    Free Member

I need a pair of rubber toe straps for the kids bike seat but LOCT are no longer in business. If I send out the ripped one, can anyone make a pair up for a fee at all please?

I even have a punch the right size for the holes I can send.

Come on STW!

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Can’t you replace them with webbing straps? Plenty of suppliers and fixings available so it may be easier

neilwheel
    Free Member

Make your own?

EBAY

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I’ve tried Neil and can’t get proper smooth cuts so they just tear easily.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Silicon help our heroes type wristbands?

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Try using ‘rubber insertion’ rather than rubber . What type of punch are you using? And you could try penny washer.

Muke
    Free Member

😕
    Could try asking Judy @ http://www.beerbabe.co.uk/ she makes stuff out of old inner tubes amongst other stuff.

MrOvershoot

See if you have a local supplier of elevator/conveyor belting this will be slightly stiffer due to a multi ply of rubber & cording but its 10x stronger than rubber on its own.

zilog6128

I have a CNC machine, one if its applications is cutting gaskets, etc (although I’ve never actually used it for anything like that). If you have some of the rubber material you can post to me along with the old one (or a paper template) I am willing to give it a go for you!

joshvegas
    Free Member

Ski straps would do that.

The type for holding skis together rather than your feet to them.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I’ve found a 5m strip of reinforced rubber on ebay at 3mm thick and 30mm wide…I’ll get that and punch a couple of holes and see if it works. I guess the strap doesn’t have to be any fancy shape, just a strip with two holes in the right place.

3mm is half the thickness of what I’ve tried using there (I think the original ones were 5mm), but if it’s tough rubber it should be ok.

I can’t see a way to fix old fashioned toe straps on to the pedals…that’d be a great solution as well!

spursn17
    Free Member

What about using an old cam belt? You should be able to get one for nothing from a local garage.

singlespeedstu

Try wetting the rubber with a silicone spray before you try to cut it.
    The blade will just glide through and you’ll get a much neater finish.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone make stuff out of sheet rubber?’ is closed to new replies.