Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Can anyone identify this gary fisher bike?
  • allenhuish
    Free Member

I’m putting this on ebay for a friend and we have no idea what it is. (I’m more of a roadie).

Any thoughts on value?

Thanks

P20

Cake??

handyman153
    Free Member

Beaten to it, but it looks like a Cake?
    I’d hazard a guess at a Cake 1..

qwerty
    Free Member
    allenhuish
    Free Member

Thanks everyone! Much appreciated.

Any thoughts on value? it’s 9 speed XTR, chris king headset, etc.

matt_outandabout

One of the lads at bike club turned up on of those (in white) last week.

allenhuish
    Free Member

I’m doing a bit of research and the cakes seem to split between those with a ‘gusset’ in front of the seat tube that links to the top tube and those that don’t. If my googling is correct then cake 1s seem have the gusset whereas this bike doesn’t.

For example cake 3 does not seem to have the gusset.

matt_outandabout

What size is it?

allenhuish
    Free Member

Good question on size – where do you think I should measure from and to?

allenhuish
    Free Member

After some more research it’s a size medium.

Geometry is here Cake geometry

finbar
    Free Member

On here, I’d probably ask £350 (loads of nice bits, which absolutely no-one wants anymore). On eBay I’d just stick it on for 99p and see what happens.

DezB
    Free Member

loads of nice bits, which absolutely no-one wants anymore

I’d have that rear mech for my 575! The old XT’s a bit wobbly. Bike split?! 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

Definitely a Cake. I used to have one. Cake 1 was the top spec iirc.

Bit of an odd bike. 5″ travel but XC angles. So it was great for getting the power down and riding in an XC position, but the downside is that it’s very divey and a bit hairy on steep slow techie downs. I’d even go so far as to call it niche. XC or Marathon use on rocky terrain. It’s one of those love hate bikes 🙂

Also *very* flexible side-to-side. And the main pivot bearings are tiny and don’t last long – but they are easy to change. Well, sort of. You need to loctite them in which is a bit of a faff but it makes them super easy to pop out and in and you don’t get corrosion jamming them in.

It has G2 geometry which means it should have G2 forks – those look like the original Manitous which should be ok. There was a mod available for their SPV system that TFT did, that was worth it.

DezB
    Free Member

those look like the original Manitous

They’re RS Revelations

allenhuish
    Free Member

They’re RS Revelations

They are indeed – revelation 426

wwaswas

riser bars and bar ends?

it’s worthless, I’ll take it away to save you the shame of trying to sell it.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone identify this gary fisher bike?’ is closed to new replies.