• This topic has 11 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Can anyone help me name this film?
  • freeandsingle
    Free Member

Right, I remember seeing a film a few years ago, I thought It starred Kevin Bacon but a quick search on imdb.com hasn’t given any joy.

Basically I think it’s set in the future where a two tier class system has developed based on people’s dna and the ability of the carriers to be successful at sports, science etc. The lead character (kevin bacon?) lives in the lower class and is working as a caretaker/janitor and somehow ends up taking on the life of a guy with superior dna, but who is wheelchair bound. as part of the transformation kevin bacon (?) has his legs surgically broken and re-alligned to make him the same height as the bloke he’s impersonating. He then goes on to train for some great feat or another (I want to say going into space, but could be wrong..?)

Anyway, I didn’t watch the whole thing but enjoyed the bit I saw, can you tell me the name so that I can find out what happens?

Thanks!

Chris

BigDummy
    Free Member

Gattaca?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Sounds like Gattaca to me. The IMDB wouldn’t give this up as it wasn’t Kevin Bacon.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Deffo Gattaca

“gattaca” being made up from the first letters of the four constituent bases of DNA: Adenine, Cytosine, Guanine and Thiamine

The guy in the wheelchair was the brilliant actor, the guy with double barrelled surname….Arrrghhh….

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

it was gattica with jude law

freeandsingle
    Free Member

smoking hot response time! Yup, a quick google confirms gattica as the film I was describing with Ethan Hawk instead of kevin Bacon as the lead, BigDummy, give yourself a pat on the back!

epo-aholic
    Free Member

it was ethan hawke with uma thurman and it was gattaca, yes

cove123

as above, jude law?

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

jason scott lee?

cove123

as above, jude law

way to slow!!!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

EDIT: Don’t know why I bothered…

DrJ

Bit puzzled – you saw a film with Uma Thurman but you didn’t remember her?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone help me name this film?’ is closed to new replies.