Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Can anyone fix my light (trout /smudge?)
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

I’ve got a light and go fireball (bought from spoke shirts) Looks like this

and it seems to be stuck on the low mode which is quite frankly crap for night riding or commuting.

Anyone on here good at fixing lights?

Clobber
    Free Member

Can you not send it back to spoke bloke?

tagger
    Free Member

I think you have to send it back to where you bougth it from.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Good luck. I sent my battery back to him and it was returned (after a LONG wait – he’d forgotten about it by the sound of it) as being ‘fine’. Fine my arse. Next time out (unfortunately after the warranty had expired after the summer when the dark nights rolled in) and 30 minutes into a ride at Dalby I was left in pitch darkness thanks to a battery that definitely wasn’t ‘fine’.

Its now looking like I’ll be shelling out either £50 for a new battery from Smudge or possibly just taking a leap and getting a whole new Smudgelight.

tagger
    Free Member

I sent my battery back to him

Who is him? Smudge/Triutie/SpokieGuy.

fenred
    Free Member

Spoke shirts shirts are a bit poo quality now too… not used trout but smudges lights are fantastic quality/vfm ime 😀

mega
    Free Member

If you find out which driver board the light uses you might be able to download the manual and work out how to reset it

For example look for maxflex driver manual on the google

trout
    Free Member

either the driver will be toast or the switch may have given up .
    happy to have a look at it for you

it’s a cheap Chinese light and will have a cheap driver on board so you won’t find any manuals for it

trickydisco
    Free Member

Will send to you then trout.

Had noticed spoke bloke no longer stocks these lights and i think i’ve had it over a year (and going from response above looks like nothing will happen anyway)

neninja
    Free Member

I’ve got one of the same lights. When mine did this, it was as simple as the silicon switch cover having moved so the button on the cover wasn’t aligned with the actual switch.

Using a small screwdriver gently remove the silicon switch cover and then replace it ensuring it lines up correctly. Worked for me.

trickydisco
    Free Member

yep, taken the switch cover off and pressed the buttons directly. It’s stuck on the one mode and holding down the bottom button won’t switch it off ( ihave to pull out the cable)

timc
    Free Member

on a highjack note, my Cateye triple shot i use on the road bike seems to have given up working, seems batteries wont hold a charge, any ideas how i can fix that?

wrecker
    Free Member

Did troutie ever make a self contained light in the end?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

“on a highjack note, my Cateye triple shot i use on the road bike seems to have given up working, seems batteries wont hold a charge, any ideas how i can fix that?”

I used to have a Triple Shot, the batteries are just standard AA recharables. When I took the battery pack apart there is basically some kind of driver attached to the batteries.

So in theory you could get a load of AA’s, can’t recall if its 10 or 12 and put them in battery holders, wire them to the driver thing and your away again. You would have to use a bottle or some thing I guess to put the battery holders in to.

The other alternative is that troutie could convert the light head itself from approx 300 lumens to I think its about 1800 lumens, but you would also need a new battery pack too (AA’s couldn’t power it)

timc
    Free Member

how much would that cost from mr troutie? 😆

lowey

This was one of the main factors that I bought a Trout Light, aside from them being just superb bits of kit.

Any problems and I can pick the phone up to Chris and get it sorted. Although I doubt I will ever need to do so as his stuff is such quality.

lowey

Double post.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Sorry, should have made it clear – send it back to Spokeshirts.

Asked Smudge just before xmas if he could sort me out with a new battery and I’ve just not pulled my finger out and arranged it.

Smudge – will be mailing you later 😉

JAG

OK, I’m going to defend Spoke Bloke.

I have a Spoke Bloke light (Firefly I think) – and when it recently started turning itself on/off I sent it back to him and he fixed/replaced it within a week. I consider that good service 😆

grtdkad

“I bought a Trout Light” +1 (a Troute Liberator for me)

… and he’s about to upgrade / update my Cateye DoubleShot Pro … I can’t wait!!!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone fix my light (trout /smudge?)’ is closed to new replies.