Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Can any social workers explain this, is there something we aren't told?
  • missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

The pay of teachers, nurses and police officers are not comparable, so how can social workers be on the same level?

Basic newly qualified pay is probably similar, but to say any of those professions are not poorly paid is a manipulation of the truth.

When the govt adverts state “earn up to……..£k”, they’re either talking an average, or they cherry pick the top end of a payscale, and in any of those careers most staff will never see the top of the payscale.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Strangely enough, i would quite like to become a social worker – it would be one hell of a ‘career’ change from manufacturing.
    However, a lack of suitable qualifications & i suspect the wrong emotional mentality is a pretty big barrier 🙁

Woody
    Free Member

I liked this bit “it was so shocking that up to 100 of them were ready to stage a public protest, until being banned from doing so by social workers and the police.”

Is there no end to the powers invested in Social Services these days?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

“100 neighbours”. Where did they live? What sort of area is it?

Hmmm… Dog breeder…100 neighbours, I wonder if they rounded down?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Is there no end to the powers invested in Social Services these days?

Yeah, I had noticed that one too……made me chuckle 😀

MoreCashThanDash

MrsSwadey spent 15 years as a child snatcher – believe me, that article is a joke. It is a VERY hard and complicated process to remove a child, and the final decision is never down to just the social worker. As others have stated, the parents are given every chance even when most right thinking people would suggest that they don’t deserve it.

And while I am sure there may have been cases where children were taken into care who shouldn’t have been, I bet the self same “journalist” would be jumping up and down the next time there is another Baby P case – and there will be. No system is perfect or foolproof, and as MrsSwadey says each time they occur “There but for the grace of God….”

Tend to agree about the costs of adoption companies though – MrsSwadey has been investigating jobs with them as it will fit around childcare quite easily, and it is quite a lucrative option – so why can’t councils do more of it in house and save the costs 👿

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Can any social workers explain this, is there something we aren't told?’ is closed to new replies.