Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Can an '10 trek ex9 take a 140mm fork.
  • BigBoyXC
    Free Member

Seen a frame I like the look of. Standard G2 fit is a 120mm fork. Would a 140mm be too much on the front?

Otherwise my Race bolt thru dual air revs are gonna be on the classifieds….:-(

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

I’ve just built up an ’09 EX7 (which originally came with 120mm forks) with my 140mm Revs. I’ll let you know how it rides as I haven’t been out for anything more than a bimble round the block yet.

Can’t you drop the Revs to 120mm with a spacer though?
    I was relying on dropping the travel in case the 140mm is too much!

ampthill

My gut feeling is no because i wouldn’t to raise the bottom bracket

but on the other hand I think my ex is 130mm forks, do you know what year it is Trek are good at keeping specs online

but its only a spacer to change….

ampthill

sorry seen the date now yes that was 120mmm forks

BigBoyXC
    Free Member

I have the 150mm revs 2010’s, they can be dropped to 130mm I think but not 120.

130 could work I guess but will have to see.

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

Hmmm, yep, the BB does look high on mine but then my other bike is an Azonics Sabre so I’m used to being quite perched!

As I say though, I haven’t ridden it yet so whether 20mm unsagged makes a noticeable difference on the trail, I’ll have to wait and see.

clubby

You’ll be fine. I had 150mm mavericks on my old Liquid which was the Fuel’s predecessor. Admittedly they were quite short axle to crown for their travel but 140mm will be ok. Once you take the extra sag into account the extra length will only be 12-15mm. No much different from running a fat/tall tyre up front and a smaller rear.

BigBoyXC
    Free Member

Thanks all. Decided to get a larger frames 456 carbon and have 6-8 months on a hardtail!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Can an '10 trek ex9 take a 140mm fork.’ is closed to new replies.