Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Can a washing machine motor be serviced? Needs new bearings.
  • plop_pants
    Free Member

I’m trying my best to keep my old machine going. Just stripped it thinking the drum bearings had gone but it’s the motor bearings.
    Is it worth trying to replace the bearings in the motor or are they normally sealed units?
    It’s a Bosch Logixx.

globalti
    Free Member

Nip to the library and borrow the Haynes washing machine repair manual.

Or ask a good repairer, Simon at Belec if you’re anywhere near Bury, Lancs.

Even if you can’t fit new bearings an exchange/recon motor will be cheaper then a new machine and will give you the satisfaction of keeping a good old machine working. Check the cables for fretting against the case though – that’s what finally finished off my 16 year old Hoover.

lasty
    Free Member

Bearings CAN be replaced. If you go down this route draw a felt tip line lengthways along the motor and rebuild EXACTLY as dismantled.
    Problems arise when the magnet section is rebuilt 180 degrees out – this will blow the board.
    Personally id go for a second hand motor as its very rare for motor bearings to fail – recon motor if you want to push the boat out…

FFS don’t buy a new one ….. £££££££££££

plop_pants
    Free Member

Well I just had a bit of luck!!!
    I bought a tele and it was delivered this afternoon on a lorry from Currys. The driver saw I was dismantling my washing machine and asked what was up. As I told him he opened up the back of the lorry and there was a machine the same as mine that he was to dispose of. A few minutes later and I had a nice motor in my hands! Fitted it and it works beautifully!!!
    I was about to order a new one, £168! I just need to track the driver down so I can get a healthy tip to him. :0)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Can a washing machine motor be serviced? Needs new bearings.’ is closed to new replies.