Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Campsites near Vallnord bike park
  • AdeC
    Free Member

I’m taking the family to the Pyrenees in August and want to stay in or around Vallnord for 4 or 5 days.

Anyone been and can recommend a family friendly campsite in the area?

cheers
    Ade

lucien

There is only one, and it’s half way up the mountain road between the town and start of the bike park. Technically you could ride the road down to the bifpg gondola that takes you to the start of the BP, and then from the top follow the road down again to the campsite. It’s the one you can see on all the tourist maps – nightlife might be a problem depending on what you are after. A distinct lack of campsites in Andorra generally, bike park is awesome though

AdeC
    Free Member

Many thanks for the info lucien

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

Hotel for me last year but met some people staying here http://www.xixerellapark.com/camping/en/index.aspx Maybe the same place as above

Stopped in for a beer on a few days, all down hill back to town and the gondola station

Bike park is fantastic! Going back again this year

pigeonthing
    Free Member

Do you defo want to camp? Arinsal, just up the road from la mansana ( where the cable cars go from) is a quiet and nice village, and its cheap hotel wise…and quiet..there a good bmx track there too..

AdeC
    Free Member

Cheers for the advice on this. I decided not to camp as accommodation was such good value for money.
    Got a week in a 4* hotel in La Massana for £300. I’ll be there a couple of weeks before the Worlds Champs so hopefully the course will be open.

wideboy
    Free Member

Ooh, just looking at an Andorra trip.

Any bike friendly hotels? The ones I’ve seen don’t list bike storage, but I guess it’s a fairly new request for them, unlike Whistler/Morzine…

Cheers

A

The cable car from the bottom to mid section is closed for repairs. There is a free ‘replacement’ bus which takes bikes but takes more time obviously.

wideboy
    Free Member

Ah, that’s not ideal. Any idea when it’ll be finished?

Long term works sadly. Cable got damaged and they have to get 160 tonnes of new length made in Switzerland and transported over.

At least its E15 for the day not the usual E25. Worked out at £1 per uplift which when compared to BPW was a bargain.

Pascal is the top man for guided rides.

We stayed here Has a garage with lock up.

Heli bike trip can be arranged!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Campsites near Vallnord bike park’ is closed to new replies.