Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Camping with fire
  • plumslikerocks
    Free Member

I’m looking for a one-size fits all device that’ll allow me to bbq whilst camping, then have a few logs thrown on after the kids have gone down for the night. Needs to pack down pretty well.

Something like this….but with longer legs so that the fire is just below waist height. Any recommendations?

outwell

sweepy
    Free Member

If its waist height then when you have finished cooking and are sitting round it, it will be level with your head.
    You will be sitting round it longer than you will be cooking so get it the right height for that.

crikey
    Free Member

Um, one of those and either 3 or 6 bricks?

AlexSimon

I don’t see why that wouldn’t work.
    I’ve used this for years:
    https://www.weberbbq.co.uk/product/go-anywhere-charcoal/

It’s a really clever and versatile design.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I had something made that’s similar to that, only shallower bowl. It’s great as a bbq with a tripod then just brilliant with a couple of logs on the kepp warm on these chilly evenings.
    I wouldn’t want it at waist height though, I guess you’ve got your reasons. 😀

AlexSimon

We use deliberately low chairs from Decathlon btw so we’re sitting close to the ground/bbq

hb70

Tbh i would go for a small travel Weber barbeque. Ours is 7 years old now and cooks really well camping. Then you can just take the lid off and put a log on after

outofbreath
    Free Member

This works:

https://www.offerscheck.co.uk/florabest-folding-barbecue/lidl/2016/kw-17/395941

We use it for exactly what you describe.

sweepy
    Free Member

We got this folding barbeque from aldi for about twelve quid, folds into a case the size of a book

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Camping with fire’ is closed to new replies.