Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Camping recommendations South Brittany
  • biking_jk
    Free Member

So I’ve got the Transporter, the Bear Lake 6 and the overnight ferry to Roscoff booked…

I just need a good campsite now.

I was thinking of South coast near Torch beach in case I get to do some surfing, but I’ve done a bit of research about biking. I have a 1 year old with a rear seat so not really going to do anything mega as a family, but a few early morning of evening spins would be great… The biking seems more on the North Coast though.

I have never been to Brittany I am looking for advice, ideally I am wanting a smallish campsite with a pool and some swings where a one year old with have fun (i.e. slides etc. not required), a short walk to the beach and plenty for an easily bored Dad to do…

Ta

Timmo
    Free Member

Father spends a lot of his time down near pont aven on a site he bought a van on a couple of years back, he is Always raving about it,
    http://www.siblu.com/france/brittany/domaine_de_kerlann.php

Brothers been out with his littlun and enjoyed it, but he’s not a biker so can’t comment on that 😉

FieldMarshall

We have stayed here last 3 years.

http://www.camping-le-raguenes-plage.com/en/

Nice family friendly campsite just south of Pont Aven. Great beach 5 mins walk away.

But not much surf. Some VTT routes nearby.

Did a couple of days trips out to La Torche last year. Amazing place. There is a small campsite nearby. Very basic but the english people we spoke to who were staying there with a couple of young kids thought it was good.

jekkyl

Try browsing the campsites on canvas or eurocamp websites.

giant_scum
    Free Member

We have been to the Yelloh village site called Camping La Plage, our youngest was just over a year old when we went the beach closest to the site was great for swimming and really safe, La Torche was about 15 minutes drive amazing surf but pretty dangerous for swimming!

There is a coastal path and also a sustrans style former railway for cycling on, all very flat.

Lovely bit of France where ever you go it’ll be great.

biking_jk
    Free Member

Hi,

Cheers guy’s, some confidence boosting there that I’m doing the right thing. Day trips to La Torch beach sounds like a plan, have already seen camping la plage, but will defo taeka good look FieldMarshall’s ideas.

Cheers,

Jim

mikeakelly

We stay just south of concarneau every year – very near pont aven. There is a growing, well marked and mapped network of vtt routes criss crossing the whole area – get maps from the local tourist info offices who are obviously putting a lot of effort into this. However the routes aren’t great – interesting but all low level and generally crossing farmland. Nice for exploring and picnics but hardly going to test you. There is a superb, rocky and exposed coastal walking path along the whole region, including pont aven (which is lovely), but the coastal path is forbidden to bikes and the locals will be very quick to remind you of that. Our conclusion has been to now take road bikes instead of mtb. It’s road bike heaven around there.

niksnr
    Free Member

+1 for Le Raguenes Plage! Did a tour of France 4 years ago in my beloved T25. From Dieppe down to Dijon then across middle of France/Loire Valley to Ile De Re, up the Atlantic coast through Brittany and back to Dieppe. As you can imagine we stayed in plenty of campsites. The one FieldMarshall mentions was one of the highlights of the whole trip. Really friendly owners, beautiful scenery and beaches for the kids. Pont Aven is definitely worth a visit too. Apart from another campsite on Ile De Re I would say this one was head and shoulders above the others!

biking_jk
    Free Member

Mmm, Can’t get a kidde seat on the road bike, so the Cotic wins. Great advice guys!

I reckon Le Raguenes Plage wins.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

We stayed here, near Carnac and the Cote Sauvage a few years back and it was great… hoping to go back later this year.

There are a few good surf spots on the Quiberon peninsular nearby and also a few family friendly bike routes in the area (loads of stone circles etc). Some really nice restaurants in Carnac itself too.

http://uk.lesmenhirs.com/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Camping recommendations South Brittany’ is closed to new replies.