Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Camping near (ish) Edinburgh
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Hi all,

Looking for a campsite (or handy wild camping spot) within an hour or so drive of Edinburgh (maybe more if it’s worth it) for a night this weekend. Nice view, some nice walks and a pub nearby would be great!

Thanks,
    Duane.

onehundredthidiot

Roselea in Peebles?

scotroutes

I’d suggest the Pentlands as an overnight spot and could recommend some nice bits but it’s not a place to be leaving your gear lying around.

tiggs121
    Free Member

It’s Rosetta in Peebles btw

How about Tibbie Sheils by St Marys Loch. It’s wildish camping on the lochside next to the pub. Good walking from your tent.

Duane…
    Free Member

Stayed at Rosetta in the past – nothing wrong with it but just remember it as a “generic” field in the country-side type place, nothing too special?

Tibbie Sheils looks great though! Although something a north of Edinburgh would be preferable (I need to drop my girlfriend off in Edinburgh after camping and then head south)

oldbloke
    Free Member

There was someone camped at Hunter’s Bog tonight when I went for a run round Arthur’s Seat. Central but the Park Rangers may have something to say about it.

How about Belhaven Bay at Dunbar. Straight onto the beach & John Muir Country Park. The Rocks is close (ish) by for decent pub grub & a pint. Walk along the John Muir Way to & from it.

scotroutes

Cramond Island. Just watch for the tides 🙂

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Cammo Estate.

oldbloke
    Free Member

Was out on Cramond the other week. Some party goers seem to have decided to spread broken glass and other assorted crap over the north side. So if the OP wants to go there at the weekend he might find a bit of inescapable company.

How about Slatebarns camping in Roslin. Village for the pub, glen for the walks.

jimmy

Or wild camp in the glen

helpful1
    Free Member

The Rocks pub grub?

it’s not even a pub.

a few ace spots to wild camp nr Tyningham. if you want info on camping along the EL coast. message me on FB.

GA

joshvegas
    Free Member

Elie

In the lookout post.

I’ll try and find a pucture…

edit: in this…
    https://flic.kr/p/nA59aQ

If its clear…

P1160016

P1150982

All you need is sleepingbags and a mat

Edit: img fail.

MrsPoddy
    Free Member

We stayed at this one when we did the Castles and Coast sustrans route a few years ago (Newcastle upon Tyne to Edinburgh then back to Berwick upon Tweed).
    There was a pub a short cycle/walk away near to a curry house. The bus stop was just at the bottom of the drive where buses went into the city several times an hour.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Camping near (ish) Edinburgh’ is closed to new replies.