• This topic has 19 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by TN.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Camping in the Lakes – grrr!
  • ginger_yeti

We’ve a group from our club who want to have a biking weekend in summer in t’Lakes doing Grizedale, Walna, etc, staying at a campsite in that area. Can we find a site that’ll take a group of 8-10 blokes (mostly in their 30s-40s)? No. Couples or families only; if the WAGs were coming along, it’d be fine. B&B/hostel hasn’t yet been ruled out, but (of course) B&Bs prefer family bookings for a week, not just weekends, in summer, and only Ambleside YHA has space for the lot of us.

Anyone know of a MTBer friendly campsite up there?

ton

coniston hall farm.

BigJohn

I would have said Coniston Hall, or just stick a tent up about a mile up from Walna Scar car park. I think you can camp where you like over 1000ft.

scaredypants

what if 2 groups of 4 were to book ?

ampthill

Have you tried the National trust site in Langdale, which I thought took anyone

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=2232

or

Chapel Style farm campsite, which again I thought took anyone

which wierdly isn’t on uk campsite

best of luck…..

chilli
    Free Member

We always stay in these in the lakes,they’ll let anyone in! 🙂
    http://www.lakelandcampingbarns.co.uk/index.asp

bedmaker

buy 5 wigs/skirts?

Drac

Just book it as a mixed group, they don’t check.

swisstonyswiss
    Free Member

We have stayed in Patterdale. Camp site a bit basic but no issues

andy7t2
    Free Member

just book as a family then when you turn up just say your all brothers

simples

lowey

We stay at Coniston Old Hall every year. n problems with groups there.

grim168
    Free Member

National trust sites will take you.

Trekster
    flashes
    Free Member

I’ve organised a few do’s for a herd of Harley Riders, the Coniston campsite is fab. You should try booking 10 – 20 bikers onto a site……..they’re one of the few to treat us as humans. The pub up the road is “interesting”..

ginger_yeti

Cheers, all. Looks like we’ll be trying the Coniston site, good position for Walna etc. Also found a bunkhouse in Longsleddale (near the bottom of Gatesgarth Pass at Sadgill) that’s biker friendly. No pub nearby, unfortunately!

sparkingchains
    Free Member

There’s always folk camping up around Walnar bit of a free for all up there!

lowey

You wont go wrong with the Old Hall Site mate. Just take rock pegs with you.

Pubs in the village are all within 10mins cycle and the Ship is just about 10 mins walk.

We go every year. Biking is spot on too. Walna, Grizedale, Parkamoor, Tilberthwaite all easy to get to from the tent.

IamSam
    Free Member

Have you got any details for the bunk house you found in Longsleddale??

thefallguy
    Free Member

Baysbrown at Chapel Stile will take you, its on a couple of lakeland routes and a short walk to Wainrights pub too.

TN
    Free Member

Turner Hall Farm Campsite is pretty easy going. In Duddon Valley. Not sure whether they take bookings though.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Camping in the Lakes – grrr!’ is closed to new replies.