Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Camping in the black mountains next weekend – Need somewhere to fish…
  • ashmonkey
    Free Member

Spending next weekend camping up near Talgarth. Anyone know anywhere nearby to go fishing ? Just for a few hours with my lad.

Was pondering a sneeky go up in the Grwyne Fawr reseroir but not sure if its allowed ???

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

It’s only not allowed if you get caught. 😉

ashmonkey
    Free Member

I’ll probably have no chance of catching much up on the reseroir. Those organised placed with a nice stocked up lake/pong would be good. Somewhere on the way would do, coming in/out from the M4.

molgrips
    Free Member

There’s a fishing place just outside Cardiff. Doesn’t look much fun though, it’s not exactly standing in a rushing mountain stream casting flies or whatever they do.

ashmonkey
    Free Member

Taking my lad and his mate camping and riding up in the hills. They have both asked to go fishing, would be good if they actually caught something. Was thinking there must be somewhere we could grab a few hours fishing without much hassle.

scratch
    Free Member

River Hay? Not sure if there’s any fishing at Langorse lake at the mo’ due to a recent spill of some farm chemical, hang on,this – probs a bit more than your looking for though

ashmonkey
    Free Member

Just got back, two ace days riding and an afternoon fishing on the reseroir. Camping was lovely apart from someone shooting last night around 3am ?? Made me jump out my sleeping bag….

Was pretty empty up in the mountains for such a nice weekend, lots more litter than usual though 🙁

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Camping in the black mountains next weekend – Need somewhere to fish…’ is closed to new replies.