Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Camping in Holland £650 for 15 days is that a lot ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

our summer holiday this year will be traveling in Holland with the camper van.

I have now booked all the camping 3 sites in total 6 days x 1 campsite 6 days x1 campsite and 3 days x1 campsite.

Now Ive added it all up it sound’s like a lot ! I have booked the family friendly types with pools and playgrounds etc…In the past I have found its so hit and miss with independent sites in Europe…and children can get bored very quickly ! (5 and 7)

Averaging out at £43 per day

Am I being too skeptical about this ?

geoffj

Averaging out at £43 per day

It does sound a lot, but you can pay £30 a night in the uk for a site without a pool.
    I think I paid not much more than that for a 2 bed apartment with pool and tennis courts on site in Portugal for 2 weeks though.

Depends what you want.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

and without elec as well…

annebr
    Free Member

sounds expensive, but maybe it is in Holland.

I would expect to pay €25 a night for 2 adults in a campervan with electric in France. Maybe slightly more in popular places at the height of the season.

cranberry
    Free Member

Holland is more expensive than the UK for a lot of things.

Even though the Euro is deservedly in the toilet and the pound is gaining strength due to a strongly improving economy, Holland won’t be a particularly cheap country to visit.

matt_outandabout

We have four bed gite in Allier, France for 12 nights for £340. In Scottish hols, so a bit more the week after.

dknwhy

Sounds about right for a family friendly site.
    We’ve paid anything from 30-65 a night.

igm

We’ve got a week in a 2 bedroom, 5 bed apartment with bike storage in Les Gets for €290 – been to it before and it’s basic but comfortable and reasonably spacious – so camping in a van is sounding expensive.

Admittedly the French Alps isn’t Holland, but even so.

irelanst
    Free Member

Another factor which might make it look expensive is that the Dutch typically camp for a long time, 3 or 4 weeks at the same place, so will get a discount, the sites don’t really want someone staying for 3 or 4 nights tying up a pitch that could otherwise be on long term rental so the advertised price is often high.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

thanks for replies

been looking at some of the sites we have stayed in here(UK)they are around £30 a night and these are simple sites with Elec , £150 more over 2 weeks and they all have pools etc is acceptable.

Going to France and hiring a Gite was one option but felf drawn to Holland due to the fact there would be a lot less driving…

Going to change up £500 to Euros in the next week, who knows it may have risen by the summer…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Camping in Holland £650 for 15 days is that a lot ?’ is closed to new replies.