Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Camping buckles. What are these called and where can I find in the UK?
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

I have trawled and trawled google trying to find the name of these buckles and a UK supplier, but so far I have found nothing 🙁

If you know what they are called or ever better still have a link to a UK supplier, then I’d be most grateful. The seem to call them shock hooks, but that does not find anything.

scotroutes

Ive never seen one if those in all my years of camping. What is it used for – there may be a suitable alternative.

flanagaj
    Free Member

It’s used on my tent to secure the tent inner to the fly sheet, but I am wanting them for a custom project.

scotroutes

Try someone like SMG. They do tent and rucksack repairs and may have something suitable.

https://www.scottishmountaingear.com/repair-service/tent-repairs

Is there another bit that clicks into or is it a hook?

And does it have to attach to a strap or would shock cord do it?

Moses

Try google image search?

flanagaj
    Free Member

Same thing, but those ones don’t look like they grab the elastic cord like the those in the image.

tillydog
    Free Member

Any good?

J-Hooks

Greybeard
    Free Member

ITW Shock Cord Pack Hook 606-0125 Black

available from:

http://www.hudson4supplies.com/itw-packhook-shock-cord-management-system-black.html

I haven’t found a UK supplier

Jamie
    Free Member

ITW Shock Cord Pack Hook 606-0125 Black

That’s where the OP got their pic from.

Esme
    Free Member

The Pennine Outdoor ones look the same to me, just a different angle. Surely they’re cheap enough to take a chance?

matt_outandabout

Call Pennine – they are helpful.

kormoran
    Free Member

Drop it in boiling water, wait til it’s softened then squash it. Drop in cold water to cool and firm up.

Done it loads of times, usually works fine

khani
    Free Member
    Jamie
    Free Member

Any good?

They’re for screwing to boats/kayaks, no? OP wants strap fix.

I’d just order from the states myself….if it has to be this EXACT product….only takes a week or so.

CountZero

The Pennine ones certainly look similar, a bit squarer, the crucial bit is whether the hook curves down, which the photo doesn’t make clear; you’d think they’d take a photo from an angle to make it obvious.
    Certainly cheap enough to take a punt, I’d have thought.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Camping buckles. What are these called and where can I find in the UK?’ is closed to new replies.