Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Campervanning it at morzine/les gets gondola
  • backtothetop
    Free Member

Hi

In 5 weeks I’m off to morzine/les gets for a week, having never been before I’d like to know if its acceptable to park up by the gondola stations and live there for the duration..

I done the mega 2 years ago alp d’huez where loads of people were parked up like this I’m hoping its the same situation here too.
    Or any suggestions on where to park welcomed.

Cheers

nickjb
    Free Member

There’s always a few vans under the Super Morzine. In the main car park by the tennis courts. Just need to move elsewhere on market day.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Usually some campers in Les Gets up the mountain a bit just before the 4x track

reggiegasket
    Free Member

If you go upstream in Morzine, there’s a big apartment complex with a big car park. There were plenty of vans there when we stayed (in the apartments). Only a 5 minute ride down the river to the Super Morzine lift.

backtothetop
    Free Member

Sweet thats enough info for me. Ill worry about washing ect when I get there.

Anyone else there from the 9th of July?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Can’t help re Les Gets or Morzine but Alp d’huez is the only place we got moved on from, we tried to park for a couple of days at the carpark near the Telecabin but the Gendarmes insisted that we went to the Aire and paid our €10.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Did it though in a wet week it’s a bit grim. The les gets campsite is very nice as an alternative. Just factor in a couple of nights in one of them for a break/change of scene (and probably on market day)

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP drop Stoner a message, he may have a suggestion too.

Stoner
    Free Member

This summer I will make some notes of good spots. As above most people seem to stop on the town carpark and keep out the way of the market (you shouldn’t need to move if you’re far enough down the tarmac), there’s space up towards the Nyon lift. The campsite at montriond, and the one at Les gets.

ade9933
    Free Member

things might be different when crankworx and TdF is on so might want to check that too..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Campervanning it at morzine/les gets gondola’ is closed to new replies.