Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • camper van sites tour de france in yorkshire
  • nosaintangel
    Free Member

looking for a site to park my vw campervan .tour de france weekend.
    who,s going and where?

wombat

How about here…..

http://www.campbiko.com/

Friends of mine, mountain bikers and generally cool.

cozz
    Free Member

going to nidderdale bike fest

oldboy
    Free Member

Don’t even think about parking on the grass verges anywhere near the Holme Moss climb like they do in France. Kirklees Council is forbidding all parking on the road, or grass verges, anywhere on the 15 miles through their part of the course.

nosaintangel
    Free Member

thanks wombat will give them an email .tell me more about nidderdale bike fest cozz.thanks eskay

nosaintangel
    Free Member

won’t be parking on any verges
    cheers

iain1775
    Free Member

Usha Gap at Muker near Buttertubs have opened up more fields for camping and camper vans
    No hook ups and minimal toilet/washing facilities but its only £10 a night and there is the King of Mountains festival going on at local pub

nosaintangel
    Free Member

cheers iain1775 will google it asap

Tracker1972
    Free Member

oldboy – Member
    Don’t even think about parking on the grass verges anywhere near the Holme Moss climb like they do in France. Kirklees Council is forbidding all parking on the road, or grass verges, anywhere on the 15 miles through their part of the course.

That’s a worry, I do intend parking roadside, as I am sure will thousands of French and Dutch fans. I thought it would be OK though because I read on the tour Yorkshire site that it was OK basically if you parked properly off the road. Just had a quick look and it is much more cagey than it was…

robido

try leyburn bikes they have a camp site which the stage goes past

robido

try leyburn bikes they have a camp site which the stage goes past

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘camper van sites tour de france in yorkshire’ is closed to new replies.