Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 184 total)
  • Campaign for more responsible cat ownership.
  • kudos
    Free Member

Do you really use an air rifle to shoot cats for pleasure kudos?

It’s simply a case of neutralising the threat to our threatened bird, rodent and reptile species. As a conservationist, I don’t take a great deal of pleasure in killing anything, but anyone who’s used a high powered air rifle will know the sense of satisfaction one gains from an accurate hit. 😉

thestabiliser
    Free Member

put washing up liquid in the water – aim at the eyes/mouth. They really really dont like it particulalry when they try to wash it off but it doesnt do them any harm.

I effin hate cats, they take most of the chicks we get in our garden in spring and my little lad has held aloft a turd before that i’d failed to spot Any that get caught in my garden get the washing up liquid/boot up the arse treatment and I think froma regulatory cost/benefit perspective this approach is more effective than establishing a feline toileting enforcement bureau.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It impacts upon your neighbours ,your view is selfish.

Your anti-cat views impact on those of cat-loving neighbours, your view is selfish.

Cat food is VAT rated. Cats pay taxes. Which is more than cyclists do.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

anyone who’s used a high powered air rifle will know the sense of satisfaction one gains from an accurate hit.

Of someone’s much loved pet ?

kudos
    Free Member

Of someone’s much loved pet ?

If it’s “much loved”, keep it safely locked away. Nothing grinds my gears more than the selfish b*****ds who turn their “much loved” lethal apex predators loose first thing in the morning to decimate the local bird, reptile and rodent populations… Apart from the ones who whinge when people like me don’t have such a loving attitude towards their animals.

wwaswas

keep it safely locked away.

Schrödinger had the right idea?

It’s simply a case of neutralising the threat to our threatened bird, rodent and reptile species. As a conservationist, I don’t take a great deal of pleasure in killing anything, but anyone who’s used a high powered air rifle will know the sense of satisfaction one gains from an accurate hit.

I can’t actually decide if you are joking or not.

But if you aren’t you do realise that there are only certain types of animals you are legally allowed to shoot?

I don’t think cat (domestic or otherwise) is on the list and you are probably committing a firearms offence.

kudos
    Free Member

Schrödinger had the right idea?

Poison them and hit them with a hammer? A rifle is far more humane.

rogermoore

Or just squirt them with a lead-infused jet of cold air from a Weihrauch hw100. It guarantees that they won’t do it again, and it’s still fun! Yey!

Funny that, someone else who used to post on here had the same rifle and he didn’t like cats either.
    RM.

rusty90
    Free Member

Or just squirt them with a lead-infused jet of cold air from a Weihrauch hw100. It guarantees that they won’t do it again, and it’s still fun! Yey!

Boasting about illegal firearm* usage on a public forum? Very clever.

*Sub 12ftlb airguns are still firearms in the eyes of the law

footflaps

Footflaps, cat ownership is something you have chosen. It impacts upon your neighbours ,your view is selfish.

Being alive is selfish (with or without cats). If you hate cats that much, just move into the middle of nowhere and the problem will vanish. Your mistake is being intolerant and choosing to live in a society….

zippykona

Ernie, yes or no?
    Footflaps, if I throw my litter in your garden, should you then move to somewhere where I can’t do it?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I can’t actually decide if you are joking or not.

Judging by the deranged rant in the last post I suspect that it isn’t a joke.

kudos
    Free Member

But if you aren’t you do realise that there are only certain types of animals you are legally allowed to shoot?

I don’t think cat (domestic or otherwise) is on the list and you are probably committing a firearms offence.

Just criminal damage. From a moral point of view, why is it OK for people to release an unnatural apex predator into the environment and then be unaccountable for the damage it might do to protected species?

If I turned my dog out first thing in the morning and went to work whilst it wreaked havoc to farming livestock or protected wild animals, I would be punished and/or the dog would be destroyed.

The glaring shortfall of the law as it stands is that for some bizarre, archaic reasons, cat owners are not held accountable in the same way that anyone else is.

Let’s look at it from a different angle: If I had a pet alligator or a poisonous or constricting snake, should I be allowed to let it loose all day? What would you want to happen of that animal was allowed to roam, completely unfettered, on your property and kill your pets or wild birds after you’d spent a lot of money trying to create a safe haven for them?

zippykona

This whole thread isn’t about the law or opinions yesterday, it’s about trying to make people think of what is acceptable today.
    Smoking in a public place has rightly been banned. Cats shitting in a public place should also be banned.

wwaswas

Smoking in a public place has rightly been banned

you can smoke outdoors anywhere ergo cats can poo outdoors anywhere?

rusty90
    Free Member

Just criminal damage

No, a firearms offence and cruelty to animals. Post reported.

zippykona

Don’t forget to post your simple yes or no.
    Is it acceptable for your cat to poo in your neighbour’s garden?
    Being responsible cat owners you all use litter trays and frown upon those people who bring cat owners into disrepute .

allan23
    Free Member

A simple Yes or No from the cat owners.
    Is it acceptable for your animal to foul in someone else’s garden?

Your garden? Hell yes, I think if I was one of you neighbours I’d be carefully removing the cat nuggets from the litter tray and slinging them over the fence on purpose just for giggles.

Don’t post on here often but seriously, 3 pages on cat shit? CRC & Wiggle have a sale on, maybe they have a life going cheap for you 🙂

martymac

is kudos really ernie?
    wow, thats let the, er, cat out of the bag?

footflaps

Don’t forget to post your simple yes or no.

Only he’d rather you post no, as posting yes just upsets him even more…..

footflaps

This whole thread isn’t about the law or opinions yesterday, it’s about trying to make people think of what is acceptable today.

Well it’s about one person’s rather extreme opinion on what’s socially acceptable to them…….

kudos
    Free Member

Just trying to stimulate debate Footflaps.

Nobody seems able to answer my questions though: why should cat owners not be compelled to control their pets in the same way that dog, alligator or boa constrictor owners are?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Well it’s about one person’s rather extreme opinion on what’s socially acceptable to them……

Find me three non-cat-owners who thinks its fine for cats to shit in their garden

jam-bo

gaining momentum. up to 13 now…

wait til this goes viral…

Cougar

Find me three non-cat-owners who thinks its fine for cats to shit in their garden

One here. Any more?

lemonysam
    Free Member

Well it’s about one person’s rather extreme opinion on what’s socially acceptable to them…….

Out of interest, do you object to dogs crapping in public areas?

kudos
    Free Member

Out of interest, do you object to dogs crapping in public areas?

Dog owners are fined if their animals foul in public.

Any reason why that shouldn’t be the case for cat owners?

Any reason morally why cat owners should feel it’s acceptable to allow their animals to roam free and defecate wherever the fancy takes them?

molgrips
    Free Member

Dogs, unsupervised, tend to crap on and near paths and in kids playing areas.

Apparently, in some parts of the country, cats do this too – but apparently not where I live…

EDIT something just occurred to me. I was always told cats bury their poo, and the one we had when I was a kid certainly used to do this in loose earth. Is this what’s not happening?

I do wonder if people are taking kittens away from their mothers too early, so habits like this are not being taught? Cos tiny kittens sell better of course.

mudshark
    Free Member

I suppose a cat owner couldn’t object to being asked to remove their cat’s poo from another person’s garden, however hard to prove who’s poo is who’s. You can’t really dust for poo….

kudos
    Free Member

EDIT something just occurred to me. I was always told cats bury their poo, and the one we had when I was a kid certainly used to do this in loose earth. Is this what’s not happening?

Yes, some cats sh*t on open ground, some bury it in loose soil. The only loose soil most people have in their gardens is where they have a flower bed or vegetable patch – so the faeces is discovered when the soil is dug or vegetables planted/harvested.

Another problem is that some children like to play in sand pits. Cats just LOVE sh*tting in sandpits.

It’s more to do with the fact that owners like their cats to sh*t in a litter tray rather than on the carpet during those few hours that they’re actually in the the house.

So cats now naturally seek similar substrates in which to sh*t, meaning that anyone who wants to grow their own veg, have a gravel drive, or provide a sand pit for their children to play in will fall victim to these evil animals sh*tting all over their property.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s more to do with the fact that owners like their cats to sh*t in a litter tray rather than on the carpet during those few hours that they’re actually in the the house.

Don’t think so – we never had a litter tray for ours. However, she was raised by her mum in the wild for 6 months.

wwaswas

It’s the moles I feel sorry for…

kudos
    Free Member

Don’t think so – we never had a litter tray for ours. However, she was raised by her mum in the wild for 6 months.

Oh well, if you don’t, that must be the case. I wonder whether you should drop a quick email to the manufacturers of cat litter to tell them that their invention will never take off… 🙄

jambourgie
    Free Member

Can see both sides of this argument. Gardenists; put a net over your precious garden to stop trespassing, turd depositing beasts. Cat owners; it’s a bit hypocritical to say “It’s a wild animal, it does as it pleases” and then moan when someone kills it as a pest on their property.

RustySpanner

More to the point, why did you change your user name?

Cowardly behaviour.

Cougar

More to the point, why did you change your user name?

Because the previous one is serving a life ban.

fasthaggis

Wwaswas

That’s a shit book.

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh well, if you don’t, that must be the case. I wonder whether you should drop a quick email to the manufacturers of cat litter to tell them that their invention will never take off…

🙄 yourself. I was saying they go in cat litter because it’s like loose earth – not the other way round as you were saying.

wwaswas

That’s a shit book.

🙂

My kids loved it.

Not seen the ‘plop up’ edition before, though!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 184 total)

The topic ‘Campaign for more responsible cat ownership.’ is closed to new replies.