Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Campagnolo 1×10 cyclocross setup…anyone ?
  • uptheswa
    Free Member

Currently running 2×10 campagnolo drive on the cx bike, was thinking of running a single narrow wide ring, but worried about the lack of a clutch mech. Anyone running this setup with campy rear deraileur or have a fix to use shimano/sram clutch mech with campagnolo drivechain ?

mattsccm
    Free Member

Can’t see why you would need a clutch mech. They may be handy when you are actually trying to bugger about with good engineering but on a CX bike? Nope. The chain won’t come off. Get the tension right and it will be fine. Actually I do find that Campag kit is more tolerable of pushing the limits of manufacturers spec.
    If you are really worried use a pair of guide rings like we did years ago.

dovebiker

Try it with a narrow-wide chainring first and use minimum chain length, otherwise get a Jtek Shiftmaten to allow you to use a clutch mech

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

I put more tension on the spring on a Shimano 105 mech.
    The Absolute Black and Park websites tell you how to do this.
    I wonder if you can do the same to a Campag mech?
    Max

otsdr
    Free Member

As a matter of fact, Campagnolo derailleurs have a pivot tension screw instead of a B-screw:

wynne
    Free Member

I’ve run a 1×10 campy set up on my cross bike for years, with a seat tube mounted chain guide and I can’t recall dropping the chain, even racing and some fairly extreme CX riding. I think marketing inclines us to think that we really need a clutch mech when in reality you’ll be fine with a normal one most of the time.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Campag doesn’t work in the first place so i don’t see why this should make any difference, non? 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Campagnolo 1×10 cyclocross setup…anyone ?’ is closed to new replies.