Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Campag Super Record EPS, anyone fitted it?
  • somafunk

A mate wants me to fit Campag Super Record EPS to his new Colnago C59 Art Deco framset, am i right in thinking the only campag special tools i need are the overtorque crankset tools.

Cheers,

mrmo
    Free Member

casssette lockring tool is Campag specific.

timbur
    Free Member

Don’t Park do a special Campag hammer. It’s slightly more expensive but no one knows why 😈

mrmo
    Free Member

oh and what chain is he planning on using? Campag need a special two function tool,

aP
    Free Member

You may need a long Allen key for the ultra torque cranks and lots of the fittings are torx bolts now. I use kmc 11spd split links to join my 11spd stuff although they’re not openable, and it really helps to have the kmc open/ close pliers if you use them elsewhere. The standard bottom bracket cups are the same as the xtr spline apparently, although I bought the Campag tool.

PJ266
    Free Member

I think I’m right in saying he warranty is void unless fitted by a certified mechanic. Or at least it used to be that way!

somafunk

Cassette lockring tool – noted, cheers.

Specific campag percussion tools? – not campag specific but i do own a good variety of percussion instruments along with my arm that has an incrementally variable range of movement.

I’ll ask him regarding the chain, cheers.

I’ve got a rather large (snap-on/wera) selection of tools as i’m a vehicle mechanic to trade and been building/fiddling wi bikes/motorbikes/cars for years so the actual mechanical work will be a piece o’ piss but i like to have everything to hand regarding special tools beforehand.

I thought the warranty would be an issue as well but apparently not, he asked the shop who supplied the group set and they say it’s ok.

Ta very much peeps.

aP
    Free Member

Brake, ergo lever and derraileur bolts are all torx now.

somafunk

Torx are fine, got 1/4″ torx bits, 3/8th” torx bits and assorted torx screwdrivers so unless there’s out else it’s gonna be an easy enough build, enve wheelset to be fitted as well so i’m gonna enjoy it’s first shakedown ride, especially as it’s my size.

bob_summers

If the group’s been supplied with chain, he’ll probably want to use it (rather than buy a KMC); the Pedro’s Tutto chain tool is 80 quid-ish, and does 1/8″ -> 11spd (and peens the pin) whereas the 160 quid Campag one does 11 speed only.

I’m on Ultratorque & need a long 10mm allen socket for the BB hirth joint, but dunno if SR EPS has the same system.

EDIT the Campag site says the 2014 SR EPS is Ultratorque, so you need that 10mm allen.

Vortexracing

Use a KMC chain for Merlin with a quick link, I did.

The ultra torque allen keys are only £7 from Ribble.

and BTW if it is ultratorque, it’s probably the easiest install and remove crankset method there is

mboy
    Free Member

Lezyne do a Campag compatible 11spd chain tool that’s about £30. Way cheaper than any of the others!

bob_summers

Sorry, just re-read and realised you mentioned Over Torque in the OP, forget the 10mm allen!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Campag Super Record EPS, anyone fitted it?’ is closed to new replies.