Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Campag compatibility
  • 1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Thinking of changing to Campag on my CX bike for the easier to reach levers (damn these stubby fingers). I’m going to keep it 10 speed Campag so was wondering if a campag 10 speed chain would work on any 10 speed rings and wether it would work on a 10 speed Shimano cassette? so all I would have to buy is shifters, mechs and chain.

schmiken

You can keep rings and front mech, but would need to change everything else – cassette, chain, shifters and rear mech. What wheels do you have? Campag cassettes won’t fit on Shimano splined hubs, unless you go for a Miche one. But they’re a bit crap.

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Thats the thing I was hoping not to have to do 🙁 It’s a 135mm rear spacing at the back so it probably have to be a Hope pro 3hub campag. Might have to re-think this 🙁

mattsccm
    Free Member

Several things.I run Campag 10 speed on my disc braked cx. Personally I reckon that you might find that makers beginiing with S are better for stubby fingers. I have the same problem and just put up with it./
    I run 10 speed Ergo’s and triple front mech. that doesn’t run perfecly. I use an ancient, possibly 8 speed triple chainset. Thats fine. My cassette is a shimano 105 as I had to run a shimano hub. Sadly!! couldn’t find any others that wouldlet me run a disc. I expect that there are some mega bucks ones out there. don’t even mention Hope. nothing mechanical should make such a effing row.
    Anyway everything shifts perfectly. Even with a very old 9 speed rear mech. then it also ran fine with a mid 70’s Super Record mech and a 1983 Suntour mech and a ’89 Deore one.
    I have run more than one shimano?campag combo and they worth fine. Have a look at the CTC forum and search “Shimergo”
    FWIW I reckon as things wear they get better as a touch of slop helps any mis alighnment.
    Try it

clubber
    Free Member

I use 10 speed campag with 9 speed shimano cassette and rear mech using the hubbub cable fixing method which works perfectly.

Hubbub: http://www.ctc.org.uk/DesktopDefault.aspx?TabID=3946

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Campag compatibility’ is closed to new replies.