Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • #CameronMustGo
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The twitter feed is correct about the austerity lie but not for the reasons stated!

ratherbeintobago

Osbourne or May supported by a lib dem or God forbid UKIP. Hard to imagine anything worse and then you remember the alternative

Won’t be Osbourne. Apparently he realises that he’s not got the right public skills/persona to be PM (which I suppose is better than the last Chancellor to end up as PM).

Boris or May is more likely. I don’t know which is more chilling.

Labour minority/coalition – EDx2, Yvette or Rache

Presumably this would give Ms Cooper her longed-for opportunity to be patronising to the entire country?

kimbers

judging by osbornes appearance at PMQs today he was back to his coke n hookers partying tlast night

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

May (like Prescott before her) has one impressive record – the ability to screw pretty much every initiative up. How could she be considered as a PM other than as a token?

Very few have the persona to be a true statesman

Northwind

May is amazing isn’t she. Quite funny, our ukvi contact just quit, she told me “I worked through Howard, and I worked through Blunkett, and I didn’t see how it could possibly get worse…”

emsz
    Free Member

@ernie I wonder what portion of those re-tweeting this will actually vote.

most of my friends have registered for the first time, of the three currently in the room (inc me) we’re all green.

duntstick
    Free Member

most of my friends have registered for the first time, of the three currently in the room (inc me) we’re all green.

Well that’s the vegetable rights for tofu knitters sorted, any economic policies?

mefty
    Free Member

May (like Prescott before her) has one impressive record – the ability to screw pretty much every initiative up. How could she be considered as a PM other than as a token?

I think May is quite interesting – her speech to the Police Federation was pretty ballsy and there are not many Tories that the Voice has said they might be able to work with.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

duntstick – Member

Well that’s the vegetable rights for tofu knitters sorted, any economic policies?

The best thing about the Green Party is the fact that it is the only major party in England that is social-democratic. The reason their support and membership is growing is precisely because it now has clear policies beyond just environmental issues.

You need to pay more attention duntstick.

nick1962
    Free Member

Better twitter than rioting or an armed coup d’etat, don’t you think?

Errm……#whatshouldwedotoreallychangethings?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Why does he need to pay attention? The greens sit largely unnoticed at 4% in the polls. Hardly swinging the needle in any direction. Meanwhile the nutters in UKIP get 5x as much support in the polls.

How many people are lining up for 35 hour weeks and less car use as their top priorities?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its all in the schooling what what 😕

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Funnily enough….,.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Why does he need to pay attention?

The reason I stated. If you missed it in my rather short post let me repeat it for you : The reason their support and membership is growing is precisely because it now has clear policies beyond just environmental issues.

duntstick’s smartarse comment “Well that’s the vegetable rights for tofu knitters sorted” implied limit policies which is clearly a misrepresentation.

I suspect that Green Party policies such as these appeal to emsz

The Greens have always been firmly committed to equal
    rights. We were the first party in England to support
    marriage equality, and MP Caroline Lucas has done much
    in Westminster to fight for equal pension rights for same
    sex couples. Both English Green MEPs are members of the Intergroup on Gay and Lesbian rights and have fought for equality across Europe. They have been powerful advocates
    for the European Court enshrining the legality of LGBTIQ
    anti-discrimination laws and tackling homophobia around
    the world.
    Their work has shown that European Union has a strong
    role in advancing LGBTIQ rights. Greens are proud of our
    track record of fighting for LGBTIQ rights across Europe. The
    Green Group of MEPs, more so than any other group, have
    been uniformly committed to equality, and will continue to
    be so.
    We also support making LGBTIQ rights a core European
    competency, and would argue for a vote to enshrine these
    rights via legislation in parliament via a qualified voting
    majority. Granting LGBTIQ individuals their human rights
    should be a condition of being in the European Union.
    The Party pledges itself to advancing LGBTIQ rights
    throughout Europe by encouraging the EU to:

Adopt an EU Roadmap on LGBTIQ equality

Enforce human rights within the EU

Complete the EU anti-discrimination law

Combat homophobic and transphobic violence

Promote an inclusive definition of family in EU policies

Take a lead in protecting trans rights

Take action against school bullying

Tackle discrimination and inequalities in health
    In short Greens will make the EU the world champion of
    equality for LGBTIQ people

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Ok, 35 hours, fewer cars and LGBT – all largely worthy (not the 35hrs) but a long way from a long list (my words) of clear policies to be anything other than marginal.

Still everyone has their democratic right…and enough people trying to spin the greens as the “true party” of the left. Does that explain their limited traction with the public?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Funnily enough..

You forget the emoticons to show you did not really mean it

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

…and enough people trying to spin the greens as the “true party” of the left.

It’s just spin is it, they are not really a party of the left ?

The Green Party considers itself to be left of centre if you dispute that dismissing it as “spin”, as you have, would you like to inform us what you consider a left of centre party ?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

If you read their section on monetary policy and can stop giggling, it’s a bit difficult to take the rest that seriously. Worthy limited ambitions are fine, but that’s all they will ever be. Even UKIP have more policies and that’s saying something!

I know you like to spin things too Ernie, but there is an obvious difference between being a party on the left and being the true party of the left – that is unless the left really are only a tiny segment of the population. You decide…

emsz
    Free Member

I couldn’t give a toss whether they are left right up down or coming or going. they have policies I agree with 😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

If you read their section on monetary policy and can stop giggling…

And there you go again in your patronizing mode. Never a day off, eh ?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Sorry, was it meant to be serious? I was about to give them credit for at least being entertaining unlike most party websites. TBF, the bit about ring fencing is not too bad.bit serious though.

The rest is a bit like de soto for dummies for those too lazy to read his long book (which is very good)

Still we digress from Dave….

Junkyard
    Free Member

My only question is whether you realise you do it and it is intentional.

Lets call it a turing test 😉

I shall leave you two to it

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I shall leave you two to it

I think you engage THM more than me Junkyard, I mostly ignore his posts, it’s not really possible to have a sensible discussion with him.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Si solum

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ernie in my case it really is not possible to have a discussion with him 8)

Lifer
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member
    Si solum

Tried to find a picture of a troll in a toga but alas

Was the best I could do

konabunny
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member
    We have a General Election in 5 months, that’s democracy.
    POSTED 6 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

that’s a pretty useless contribution. the general election is at most 5 months away; general elections aren’t a vote for prime minister; governments can change between general elections; general elections are only a small part of the democratic process, not the beginning and end of it; campaigning for a PM’s resignation is not undemocratic…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

campaigning for a PM’s resignation is not undemocratic…

No but it’s fairly pointless, again it’s a vocal minority trend to shout about it, bit of bandwagon stuff and then come polling day the X will tell you what people really think. Great idea by labour to try and launch it but far too close to an election to swap PM, it’s not Australia you know.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

general elections are only a small part of the democratic process, not the beginning and end of it

You are deluding yourself imo if you think that general elections are only a small part of the democratic process, if only it were true. They are in fact the major part of it.

For most people democratic participation begins and ends with voting in elections, of which general elections are the most important. That’s how it’s designed to be.

aracer
    Free Member

Losing the election is presumably a given?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[img]http://www.standard.co.uk/incoming/article9168202.ece/alternates/w620/ed-miliband.jpg[/img]
    dead head if you vote by photographs, but what about you make a choice based on policy and ideas rather than personality.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

dead head if you vote by photographs,

Really, even Wallace doesn’t believe that!

but what about you make a choice based on policy and ideas rather than personality.

That would be nice, but since both main parties are being economical with the truth about the main policy issue (see chart above) it becomes quite difficult to make a choice – whose BS are you prepared to swallow?

It’s clear from these lies, that party’s strategists/leaders continue to treat Joe Public with contempt. Hopefully they will remember that they are there to serve us not the other way round. Si Solum again!

(Lifer, you surpassed yourself 😉 )

konabunny
    Free Member

“Great idea by labour to try and launch it but far too close to an election to swap PM, it’s not Australia you know.”

is the point to get the lib Dems to quit the coalition (lib Dems – creating some distance from Tories at last moment, and Tories totally up a creek), thus forcing a snap election that would favour labour?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

If politicians (and party donors) have immense influence over the media, which in turn influences public opinion, is it true democracy?

On that note, why aren’t the Green Party being given nearly as much media coverage as UKIP or being included in TV debates?

konabunny
    Free Member

because capitalism.

ransos
    Free Member

Lets hope all those pushing this online get off their backsides and vote to get him out in May then

Why? Most people’s votes make no difference to the outcome of a general election.

binners

They can’t get shut of Dave until his replacement has been voted in as an MP, at least. And he’s got a general election to lose, then shoulder the blame for first.

Anyway…. cheers!

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Does anyone ever get the impression much of politics is just theatre?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Dave has just said, “imagine you two forming the next coalition?”

Ed, “Moi?”
    Clegg “Bloody right mate, I’ll get into bed with anyone”

JHJ, the greens don’t make headlines? This is 24 hour media you are talking about. How many people do you reckon could name the head of the Greens?

Northwind

teamhurtmore – Member

JHJ, the greens don’t make headlines? This is 24 hour media you are talking about. How many people do you reckon could name the head of the Greens?

Kind of the point, isn’t it.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘#CameronMustGo’ is closed to new replies.