Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Cameron comes to Todmorden….
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Grum – my “you (and others)” was misplaced in fairness. Point taken. More responding (in haste!) to your comment above about my “broad support”. Perhaps we both erred on reflection 😉 !!

My original comment was not really aimed at you – more a general point.

Junkyard
    Free Member

out to that blaming the current Gov for failing to provide adequate flood protection is like a broken pencil, pointless. Its clear that the case that blame is historical YET this fact is conveniently ignored.

it is such a shame the government cannot do anything about stuff the last governmnet did and adopt new policies to overcome the rubbish policies of the past

Its just that some will go to the default of its all “Fatchas fault in’it!!” without thinking it through..

thankfully you balanced this by blaiming the last government though…are you criticising this approach or praising it 😉

mrlebowski
    Free Member

This is going round & round in circles now…& I dont have the time, enjoy!

Ps Fatcha? Thats a thorny one & no mistake. Ill say some good & some bad, her excesses were amplified by the fact that she had TOO long in power. Many, MANY things she did were wrong but some were ok..

On the whole Im pretty partisan & like to think I can see both sides, shame some here cant & sometimes it needs pointing out.

brant
    Free Member

As I saw the police outriders, Range Rovers etc whizzing through flood damaged #hebdenbridge, guessing it was a ministerial visit, I did wonder what the cost of it all was and couldn’t that have been spent on clean up assistance.

I’m still very puzzled about the defences currently being built. And Infact I am sure Hebden flooded far worse this time probably because the walls heading out of Tod, through Shade didn’t collapse. Not that that is the answer!

They cancelled a plan up Ramsden Clough which I thought would have made a great defence.

But nature is nature. You don’t get steep sided valleys like this without a downpour being a historical fact. It’ll happen again. And you can feel the nervousness in town about it.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Cameron comes to Todmorden….’ is closed to new replies.