Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Camera triggers for MTB self portraits
  • makeitorange
    Free Member

I’m trying to find a suitable trigger for taking some MTB self portraits, I’m sure I saw an article a while back showing 2 units that could be placed either side of the trail with a beam that when broken triggered the camera. I can’t remember what they were called and a Google search has been pretty fruitless, just coming up with flash triggers and wireless remotes.

Any other clever ideas for action self portraits?

Camera is a Canon 550D if that matters, I know I can do a countdown timer followed by a burst of shots, but looking for something that’s a little bit less pot luck…

Apologies if this has been covered before, as I don’t know the name of what I’m looking for it’s hard to forum search!

joemarshall
    Free Member

http://www.wildlifewatchingsupplies.co.uk/retail/acatalog/Infra-red_Trips_1.html

Could hack one together for a lot less though – it’s only an infrared beam plus a sensor and a relay

user-removed
    Free Member

I have a cheap wireless shutter trigger for my Nikons which cost me about a quid on eBay from one of the HK sellers. Receiver on the camera, trigger in your hand. Not as neat as an IR beam solution, but simple and practical.

avdave2

Any other clever ideas for action self portraits?

A friend? 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

A friend?

Taking a picture of himself?

iPhone on the bars? http://www.ononesoftware.com/products/dslr-camera-remote/ (On One!)

user-removed
    Free Member

Why do you think I bought a remote? (sobs).

makeitorange
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions, regarding the use of friends – None of the people I ride with have the same interest in photography/cameras as me so doing serveral attempts with different angles and flash positions would get pretty boring for them.

avdave2

regarding the use of friends – None of the people I ride with have the same interest in photography/cameras as me so doing serveral attempts with different angles and flash positions would get pretty boring for them.

I did many years ago bore a friend to death doing just this – he didn’t even get the benefit of seeing the results as we went along as it was all on film.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Camera triggers for MTB self portraits’ is closed to new replies.