Home Forums Bike Forum Camelbak Palos 4LR – Anyone got one?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Camelbak Palos 4LR – Anyone got one?
  • orena45

I fancy something fairly minimal for shorter rides and ‘indurro’ racing; the Alpinestars Paragon vest looks fairly ideal but isn’t out til March/April so I keep looking at the Palos.

Problem is, it’s a chuffing bum bag (!) and I can’t get past that fact ❗ Again, that seems quite ideal for short rides and whilst it wouldn’t get much of a second look in the queue for a stage at a race, the urine would emphatically be extracted by riding mates if I turned up to a local ride wearing one!…I’m ‘so enduro’ as it is without having a fanny pack on show as well.

Regardless though…who’s got one and what’s it like to ride with, especially on more technical stuff? Is it discrete enough fully packed under a baggy jersey or does it make you look like you’ve got a lot of junk in the trunk?!

I’m kinda leaning towards the Skyline 10LR as a compromise but the lure of the fanny (pack) is strengthening 😐

rsvktm

Got one recently, got it for when bike either hasn’t got a bottle or need more than one and don’t want a camelback. Impressed so far, no movement and packs a fair bit of stuff. Only issue is having to tighten when water level drops and still find putting the bite valve back a bit awkward.

MadPierre

Got myself one for Xmas for shorter rides/no sweaty back/see how it is reasons (was gonna get a normal but smaller Camelbak)

I had to work out that I needed the bladder and tube “the other way round” to how it came then I could operate it easier (right handed).

Piss taking from mates – as expected.

One disadvantage is you can’t just spit the tube out mid-drink when you suddenly need to pay full attention to riding because it’ll be hanging down and in a wheel or somewhere…

Had some issue with belt loosening whilst in use but I think some of this may be purely my imagination or possibly my fat belly combined with winter clothing?

To be honest the jury is still out….

andysmiff1
    Free Member

In a similar vein to the alpinestars vest:

Race Face stash tank.

here

Ive got one for local stuff – does what I want it too…….

woodster

It does look a bit stupid and you do have to think about putting the tube back, but I love mine and really hate taking a larger pack now. The freedom of my shoulders makes riding so much better for me and not having a sweaty back is ace. It also means I take less crap with me and I’m not digging about in my rucksack for bits and pieces. It does want tightening a touch as you go from full bladder to empty, but that’s easily done.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Camelbak Palos 4LR – Anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.