Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Camelbak & Other Bladders
  • TimCotic
    Free Member

My 3 litre Cambelbak started leaking from the twist-lock cap yesterday. I was wondering if it is a common problem with the current Camelbak, and if there is a cheap fix for it.

I notice that an identical replacement will cost about £25 but there are some much cheaper options available. What do Singletrackers think of the alternative brands of bladder available?

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

I love my Platypus – small filling hole but never got the black grunge and I just rinse it out after use. I use a camelbak tube and bite valve with it.

m360
    Free Member

Take it back to the retailer you purchased it from, Camelbak come with a lifetime guarantee and are pretty good about it (either send you a new seal or a new bladder).

martinhutch

I just got a 2l Osprey bladder for about £20 from Wiggle. Impressed so far – better bite valve and water flow, easier to open than the Camelbak, little touches like a carrying handle and a magnetic clip to keep the bite valve in place.

grilla
    Free Member

There are much better bladder designs than Camelback, my Evoc is simpler, lighter and allows the entire thing to be pushed inside out to clean.

jonnyyeti
    Free Member

I was going to buy a replacement bladder the other day for £25 then I saw this with a 2 litre bladder included for £30!

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/evoc-cc-backpack-3l-inc-2l-bladder/rp-prod131646

craig24
    Free Member

Anyone had any luck with the cheap eBay bladders?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200782988512

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Osprey are the badger’s gnadgers.

vmgscot

Check the large rubber o-ring thingy around the cap is not twisted on itself…that can cause a leak. Otherwise, as mentioned, bladders have a lifetime warranty.

squoglybob
    Free Member

Has any one had any joy with replacing a Camelbak bladder, is it like for like and will I need to produce a receipt as mine has passed the point of no return with fungal residue I just can’t get shut of it.

carlos
    Free Member

squoglybob – Member
    Has any one had any joy with replacing a Camelbak bladder, is it like for like and will I need to produce a receipt as mine has passed the point of no return

As the black hook/clip thingy has snapped off, so it currently slumps to the bottom of the back pack.

Defo not got a receipt as it must be getting on for 5 years old and tbh, I’m not even sure where I bought it, prob CRC or UKbike store

batfink
    Free Member

Another vote for platypus here – they are significantly better than camelback IMO.

northernerindevon

+1 for Osprey. Well designed with the rigid back, handle and wa-ay easier to open and close than the Camelbak. Plus extra points for the magnetic hose jobbie…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Camelbak & Other Bladders’ is closed to new replies.