• This topic has 28 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by taffy.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Camelbak charity fail
  • Dango
    Free Member

Pretty pi$$ed off right now

A month ago I was leaving Spain (Switchbacks) when a newly arrived Australian rider called Joshua Lightfoot (resides in Oxford right now) asked to borrow my Mule NV as he forgot his hydration pack. He seemed an ok sort of bloke, we exchanged email addresses etc and I gave him the pack on the proviso that he’d post it to me when he got back – 3 weeks ago?

I have had one email saying he’d post and nothing more.

Lesson learnt

What do people recommend as an alternative as I don’t really want to spend that much again 🙁

Gary_M
    Free Member

Joshua Lightfoot You sure it wasn’t Joshua Lightfinger 🙂

Dango
    Free Member

Yeah probably 🙁

sandwicheater

I’m yet to meet a nice Joshua, this just strengthens my belief.

EDIT: Sorry about your loss Dango.

timc
    Free Member

I’ve had my fingers burnt lending people stuff (Mainly Money) several times recently. it really pisses me off to be honest that you are willing to help people out & they will take the piss! 👿

Few years back a friend was skint. I lent him £2000 on 2-3 months pay back basis & was cool for it to take a couple more if im honest. It took him 38 months because he kept prioritising his holidays, nights out etc over paying me back. Anyway i got it all in the end but i suspect that is only because we lived together & he had no choice.

Made the mistake of lending another friend £400 for 10 days 3 months ago & there is no sign of it coming anytime soon.

I’ve now desided I’m only going to lend people stuff if im prepared to never get it back…

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Dango
    Free Member

Just don’t get, if I were in the same situation, I would have got it back to the owner within 2-3 days of getting back to blighty with a tenner inside to say thanks and to buy a bottle wine

Guess not everyone out there is wired up the same

So should I get another, an osprey raptor or something else?

v666ern
    Free Member

post us the email address and let STW do the chasing for you… 😈

bigyinn
    Free Member

timc doesn’t appear to have learnt his lesson there.

sandwicheater

If we all try we may get to two pages without giving the OP any bag suggestions. Come on guys; I’ll fill this post with a story of my ride last night.

Is was good.

Yep.

timc
    Free Member

I suspected as much, but yes I have now learnt my lesson, dont try & help your friends out! 😕

I actually have a camelbak myself & the bladder has recently started leaking, Ive been eyeing a new Ofsprey Raptor as a riding friend recommends his!

akak
    Free Member

Lifetime guarantee on a camelbak bladder timc?

scandal42
    Free Member

Can I borrow your old one for a few months?

joshvegas
    Free Member

I would have sent it back with a bottle of wreck the hoose juice by way of thanks. So its not a Josh thing.

Sandwicheater you’re on the list now.

timc
    Free Member

Is that the case?? its from the LBS so if thats true i will get a new one 🙂

franksinatra

I would be pretty hacked off but sometimes people are just rubbish rather than bad. There is every chance he just hasn’t got round to posting it yet rather than stealing it (not excusing the delay, just saying…)

cyclistm
    Free Member

OP

I have a spare camelbak, think its a blowfish, couple of the zips are toast but will work fine. no bladder though. If its any use mail me and I’ll get it in the post.

thepurist

Reckon this can beat the 20 page Janzen Boulton epic?

sandwicheater

joshvegas
    Sandwicheater you’re on the list now

Looks at Josh with suspicion. How do I know you don’t have an Aussie accent? Hmmmmmmm. I reckon you’re the sort that wraps presents when it’s nobodies birthday.

robdob
    Free Member

I never lend, I just give. Mate needed money a while back to fix his car so I gave him £300. Much easier than lending!

boblo
    Free Member

Errrm, my car might be broken…. 🙂

Trimix
    Free Member

Robdob – did you work for one of those now bust banks ?

daveagiles
    Free Member

[shameless plug] If you do decide on a raptor, i’m selling one [/shameless plug]

sandwicheater

No need for that helpful post dave, tell everyone what tyres you’ve got on your bike?

I took my dog to work today. I like bread.

wukfit
    Free Member

I had a curry tonight (not a rogan josh), and it only had 4 bits of chicken in it.
    Wasn’t very impressed, but couldn’t bring myself to say anything when they asked if everything was ok with my meal.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Dango, why not post onto his facebook account its not locked down.

thepurist

Whoa Darren that’s helpful talk there.

I don’t really like kippers, find them a bit bony.

Weasel
    Free Member

akak – Member

Lifetime guarantee on a camelbak bladder timc?

Not quite….I couldn’t find the receipt for mine which had started leaking, contacted the supplier (name escapes me)for a replacement, their advice was we can’t deal with this directly so go via your local bikeshop/stockist and we can through them.

The shop said not a problem we will help you out, the supplier then said no receipt no exchange. Thanks a bunch..

taffy
    Free Member

I had an awesome ride this morning bit wet tho.. :/

I do have a bladder spare (sodding cats mullered the last tub and bite valev dso in the ned just got a new complet bladder.. all yours if you nwat it.. soon have a bitsa bak together ><

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Camelbak charity fail’ is closed to new replies.