Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Camelbak bladder alternatives?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Just checked out the price of a replacement 3L Camelbak bladder. What else is out there? Just how complex can a bag, hose and valve be?

mtbfix

With the advent of the digi flow gauges they just got more complex! IMO a Camelbak bladder is hard to beat. Costs the same as a decent tyre and lasts longer.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Buy from Wiggle with something else small, and use a £5 off £25 voucher- bladder for less than £20.

Remember they have a lifetime guarntee!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

The mice in the shed didnt give a damn about the warranty!

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

deuter ones are very good.

midlifecrashes

Tesco sell a version for about £8

wee-al
    Free Member

Camelbak bladder, sounds like something normal people would go to the doctor for!

wee-al
    Free Member

Or a bizzare nickname, "what the f~*#'s up with Camelback bladder" or "you should have seen the state of Camelback bladder last night"

little nickname tests i've devised. Feel free to try them out at your leisure.

rp16v
    Free Member

+1 for the tescos i use ther £12 bag and bladder and its spot on!

retro83
    Free Member

I had a tesco one. To be fair it lasted a year i think, but then it left me up a big hill with no water to drink and a soaking wet back. Ymmv of course.

Rich
    Free Member

My Camelbak one is my favourite as it has no taste, and hasn't gone mouldy.

Source Widepak's are also good though.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Camelbak it is then. The mouse ate the valve too. What trap to catch said mouse?

higthepig
    Free Member

MrCrushrider deuter ones are very good.

+1 on that and they are easier to clean/fill

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

I have a new/unused 3l Lezyne bladder – £15 posted

spacemonkey

I bought one of these 3l Deuter jobbies a few weeks back. Better VFM than CB and a damn sight easier to clean.

crocodilian
    Free Member

I've had the same camelbak bladder since 2005, no mould or scumminess at all. I always put the thing in the freezer directly after I've been out which seems to curb any bacterial growth and hasn't damaged the bladder, valve or tube one bit.
    So I guess this has gone wayward of the topic a bit, sorry! But I guess what I'm saying is; these things last forever and if after forever you need a new one then I'd suggest another camelbak bladder as you'll probably save yourself some money over cheaper alternatives in the long term.

BadlyWiredDog

Source with a Camelbak bite valve works for me. Close to zero maintenance bladder, better flowing valve ime. The Deuter bladders are made by Source btw, same thing.

italspark
    Free Member

tried the humain trap approach in my garage……the wee beasties kept nickin the kitkats. so went to plan "b" the blue seed poison stuff………no more mooses result

takisawa2

Oswald Bailey do a 2 litre one for about £8.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Camelbak bladder alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.