Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Camelbak backpacks – worth paying for the 'NV' version?
  • devash
    Free Member

I’m looking for a bigger backpack now that the cold and wet weather is just around the corner and my Camelbak Lobo has always been too small to fit a jacket in. I’m thinking of upgrading to a larger pack (either the Mule or Hawg) but I’m not sure whether the ‘NV’ versions of these packs are worth the premium.

Is it worth paying more for the rain cover and better straps? Do the NV versions come with any other different features apart from these two?

Any other packs I should be looking at outside of the Camelbak range (Osprey, Decathlon etc)?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Got the mule nv, cover is great when you remember to use it. The back feels nice but didn’t try the basic one.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Had a few camelbaks, then bought an Evoc fr trail pack, primarily for the back protection, but it is a superb backpack and super stable and comfortable. Wouldn’t go back to a Camelbak.

nickjb
    Free Member

Osprey for me. I find them far more comfortable, can carry more weight without really noticing it.

gnusmas

I have a hawg nv and it is really comfortable to wear, loads of room for all I need and more. Used to commute with a complete change of clothes including trainers with no problem. Haven’t tried the standard one though.

iainc

Had a few camelbaks, then bought an Evoc fr trail pack, primarily for the back protection, but it is a superb backpack and super stable and comfortable. Wouldn’t go back to a Camelbak.

+1, also has a rain cover tucked away in the base pouch

fasthaggis

I have a Hawg that I hardly use.
    Very ,very comfy ,but it’s a heavy old thing unloaded .
    I just pack stuff on the bike and use a Mule.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Camelbak backpacks – worth paying for the 'NV' version?’ is closed to new replies.