Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Cambelt, clutch and a service. Can't wait for the bill!!!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

That's what happens when you leave it all till it has to be done!! Happy weekend to me!!

tony24
    Free Member

what cars that on?

allthepies
    Free Member

cambelt change + service = £700+ this week 😯

PikeBN14
    Free Member

Sounds like a wright off!!

avdave2

Full service, new front exhaust, new discs and pads and MOT £630 today. I suppose that's not bad as it's the only maintenance cost for the last year but I hate spending money on anything to do with cars.

allthepies
    Free Member

Agreed, they're **** money pits. Very tempted to go down the lease route.

will
    Free Member

Hmmmm Nice. Mines booked in for monday to get the 3 month knocking sorted out, and a nice metal sump guard 🙄

wrightyson
    Free Member

Unfortunately on an impreza!! Just hoping and praying it doesn't need the pulley kit!
    Brother went down the route of lease recently, alfa 159 diesel, brand new but pricey at about 330 a month.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Oh how I love these posts! Been carless all year 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

Couldn't live where we do with two kids and no car rich, would be nice but my van only has three seats and the mrs ain't keen on going in the back ha ha

trail_rat
    Free Member

Pug partner van….. Cambelt pulleys service fluids filter and disks + pads all round 280 fitted – local backstreet garage that does all out work ….

RichPenny
    Free Member

Sorry dude, wasn't trying to be smug. TBH, it worries me a bit since at some point I will need my mid life crisis red sports car, yet I can't work out where all the money I should be saving has been spent 🙄 Down the pub appears to be firm favourite tho 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

I can't fault you rich, must be a big saving having no motor, however it's funny, no matter what savings you make day to day, you always seem to find something to spend that extra money on!! Our mortgage went down about a hundred a month recently, did is see that extra anywhere? Did I ****!!

Waderider
    Free Member

Oh how I love these posts – I do everything myself. Or rather, I can do and have done everything myself, so garages are an option if I'm flush and would rather go out on my bike.

Learning to fix cars yourself is well worth it. Run a banger for a year or two with a good breakdown policy. You'll be surprised how infrequently you need it if you buy your car carefully (think a budget of £1000). That'll get your knowledge up, once you're wiser and experienced trade up to a better car. By then you'll have bought a collection of tools and your confidence will be up = cheaper motoring.

LHS
    Free Member

Cambelt, pulley kit, water pump, service and MOT on my passat was £640. Not bad really as in 80,000 miles i've spent a total of £1000 on it. Pretty cheap motoring by all accounts.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Holy shit it was just over a grand all in! Thankyou muchos!!!!

Xylene
    Free Member

I was car less for years. Worked overseas and hired when I was back for any length of time.

Used to have four years no claims prior to this, now have just about got one again and the insurance companies hate me – why has somebody who has been driving for 15 years not got any no claims etc etc.

500 quid a year just now.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Cambelt, clutch and a service. Can't wait for the bill!!!’ is closed to new replies.