Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Calories……..blinking flip
  • dogbert
    Free Member

ok, so its a no brainer really, but still I was surprised/

The missus called me and asked me to bring home a McDonalds as a treat, what do you want I ask…….a large Big Tasty meal with a Coke. It was on, typical McDonalds garbage.

Thought I’d just find out roughly how many calories, so I used the Livestrong daily plate thing………1645 calories 😯

I know it’s not exactly news, but bloody hell!!

donsimon
    Free Member

What does it say on the McDonalds’ packaging?

highclimber
    Free Member

The fries and full-fat coke certainly make it calorific!

hilldodger
    Free Member

D’ya wanna go large 😆

spooky_b329

Yep its the fries and the coke. But then its a treat, so who cares? I have one once per week but usually get a coffee with it instead…mmm 🙂

Plus the Big Tasty probably has considerably more calories than a Big Mac, and a Big Mac is nicer…

dogbert
    Free Member

What does it say on the McDonalds’ packaging?

no idea, they ran out of boxes so it came in a fillet of fish wrapper

donsimon
    Free Member

[hands on hips] well, what did that say? 🙄 [/hands on hips]

kevj
    Free Member

I once read it takes the average UK male 9 miles of walking to burn off a double cheese burger and chips. Nice.

5thElefant
    Free Member

So you can eat 2 a day. Just have a light breakfast. Job done.

molgrips
    Free Member

Careful – you might’ve read the nutritional info for the US version.. super-sized there is about twice the size of large here.

EDIT Apparently not. Wtf is in that Big Tasty?

tony24
    Free Member

Cannot stand the stuff anymore more like eating cardboard than a treat. Much rather have a indian takeaway or summin . 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Mmm yeah cos good curry is always available at motorway service stations on long journeys, isn’t it?

McDs is there for when there’s nothing else. They do reasonable beef burrito type things here in Germany.

Woody
    Free Member

But then its a treat, so who cares?

I would class it as a last resort when so hungry I’ll eat almost anything.

Had a cheeseburger on the way up to Scotland last week (Burger King, A1 first services over Forth Road Bridge) and it was probably the worst value £3.40, tasteless piece of cardboard crap that I’ve had in a long time. Tiny too, with hideous sauce and totally overpowering gherkin. It’s a while since I’ve had one – I don’t remember them being this bad?

molgrips
    Free Member

Top tip for eating at these places – never have the burgers. The chickeny stuff, wraps and sandwiches are much better.

Woody
    Free Member

Noted thanks – but next time I’ll go off the main drag and have a healthy black pudding or haggis supper for the same or less money 😉

clubber
    Free Member

Nah, if you’re going to eat crap then embrace it and have a big fat burger. The chicken or fish stuff is just crap – still unhealthy but not even properly so and it’s just bland. Just don’t expect not to regret it about 10 mins later when your mouth feels like you’ve rinsed your mouth out with finishline grease 🙂

Keva
    Free Member

I don’t see how anybody can view eating McDs as a treat, it’s more like torture.

Kev

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Come on guys, you’re slacking. I thought everyone was an athlete on here? Athletes dont eat fast food.

molgrips
    Free Member

The phosphoric acid in the coke de-greases your mouth, clubber 🙂

Off the main drag is good in principle but a right ball-ache when you’re somewhere unfamiliar I feel. I wish they’d put up a load of signs when you get off the main road showing you where all the eateries are, like they do in the US.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

+1 for Keva… I’d never eat a MaccyD’s but even the others are eaten out of desperation when nothing else of high calorie content is available.

Treat? Not ever.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Athletes dont eat fast food.

lowey

I love a good macydee’s… proper tasty.

Keva
    Free Member

I wish they’d put up a load of signs when you get off the main road showing you where all the eateries are, like they do in the US.

what like molgrips…

pizza hut
    dunkin doughnuts
    macds
    burger king
    kfc
    fatty arbuckles
    subway

???

clubber
    Free Member

Keva – Member
    I don’t see how anybody can view eating McDs as a treat, it’s more like torture.

Kev

House!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Calories……..blinking flip’ is closed to new replies.