Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • calliper cant be centred
  • bfguk
    Free Member

Hello all I bought a orange crush frame and have swapped components over. I have one problem the rear calliper does not have enough adjustment to centre it. It’s a SLX calliper and the frame is post mount. Has anyone come across this? what did you do.
    I have had a hope hub in the frame and a mavic both put the disc in the same position. The calliper needs to go further towards the wheel.

Frankers
    Free Member

spacing washers ?

druidh
    Free Member

A shim behind the rotor will move the disc towards the caliper.

Or – the frame has been made outside tolerances.

Mister-P
    Free Member

How far does it need to go? Could you file the holes on the calliper? Although I think washers behind the rotor would be a better solution.

bfguk
    Free Member

is it common practice to shim a disc?

druidh
    Free Member

I ntheory, you shouldn’t have to but….

http://www.jensonusa.com/Syntace-Disc-Rotor-Shims

Goz
    Free Member

Ive got some spacer discs in my workshop, if youre interested give me a call on 01242 255414 and ask for goz.

bfguk
    Free Member

about 2mm would do possibly less .
    I could file the calliper and was thinking of doing so but rathernot. just trying to get to the root cause. If it should fit and the frame is out then i will take it back to LBS at the weekend insted of riding it.

gifferkev

Mrs giffers diva was like this when I started building it up. I checked the design spec online and decided it must be out of tolerance. Returned it to orange via the supplier and it was replaced. New ones fine.

garage-dweller

Sounds like out of tolerance to me. I would be heading back to the shop irritating as it is.

bfguk
    Free Member

oo dear.. will have a trip to the shop on saturday thanks for your inputs

coatesy
    Free Member

Fairly regular occurence on lots of manufacturers frames, post mount isn’t quite the answer to all our prayers just yet(and I don’t even want to talk about the £200 for a facing tool to correct another fault). Occasionally it can be down to facing of the mount, if you sight through the caliper, it may be touching only on the top edge of one pad/bottom of the other, it’s rare for them to be that bad, but does sometimes happen.

zippykona

I need some of those shims,how much?

steveh

Is it post or is mount on the back of the frame? If IS then just space the mount further inwards with a couple of washers. If post then space the rotor as said above.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘calliper cant be centred’ is closed to new replies.