Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Calling workies and grannies – an end to cheques
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i recieve cheques quite often, and i send them out quite a bit too…

i'd transfer by bank, but my local HBOS claims that i cannot transfer out of the HBOS network without setting up regular payments or whatever – makes transfering money around a right pain in the ass. i also don't want to internet bank as i'm shit with passwords etc anyway – i pay for a service and therefore i want to use a service.

i like cheques, and i don't want them to go 😐

coffeeking
    Free Member

Change to a sensible bank?

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Yo.

I started a new job in July, I'm the boss, so what I say goes. I've phased out cheques almost completely, because they make an absolute mess of my accounts. When I get a bank statement a list of cheque numbers is a pain to process, but if instead I have the transaction details I can deal with that much more efficiently. As I've gone along I've had to collect BACS details from various businesses of all sizes and without exception all have preferred a direct payment. The other problem with cheques from an accounting point of view is that I have to keep a record of what cheques have been cashed and which haven't, this is especially annoying after the end of a financial year when payments go out that relate to the previous years work. Electronic payments make for far cleaner

My Dad just bought a van to turn into a motorhome, he paid by cheque and can't collect until it's cleared. I just spoke to him to find out when he's coming down to Manchester to collect it and drive me home for Christmas. He doesn't know because the cheque wasn't cashed straight away. The money has left his account, but not arrived at Renault, so collection has been put back a few days. This wouldn't have happened if my Dad hadn't used a cheque. I can't elaborate on why he chose to use a cheque, (he's not normally so backwards) as I could tell it wouldn't be productive to ask, though it's fair to say he regrets it now!

Cheques definitely need to go.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Calling workies and grannies – an end to cheques’ is closed to new replies.