Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Calling the jobless No RANT content
  • wellhung
    Free Member

Having tried and failed over the last few days to find a temporary labourer for 15 days work in the Skelmersdale/Wigan area.

Do the jobless like not working? 🙁

flyingmonkeycorps

I suspect that financially it’s not worth their while signing off then on again.

z1ppy

Maybe you aren’t paying enough? (or willing to pay cash under the table?)

jota180
    Free Member

15 days work in the Skelmersdale/Wigan area.

They’re all probably lost in Skemmersdale, totally disorientated and unable to distinguish one piece of road from another and so are continually going around in circles.

rootes1

They’re all probably lost in Skemmersdale, totally disorientated and unable to distinguish one piece of road from another and so are continually going around in circles.

😆

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Cash in hand as the hassle of signing off and in is not worth the trouble

mrmo
    Free Member

having been through the system, it is almost designed to stop you doing short contracts. Interviews, paperwork, generally far more complicated than it need be. You waste hours, and if you have a housing benefit claim it gets worse you then need to send bank statements coroborating evidence, etc to the council and the job centre.

yes you can do it all though the job centre but it doesn’t seem to work very well, infact i was told don’t bother and just go to the council it will be quicker.

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

Having worked with the unemployed before I can echo the statements about the hassle of signing off and on again to do temp work – it’s not worth it. As soon as you tell them you’re working, all benefits get stopped while they recalculate. I knew people who took low-paid temp work (but still better off than on benefits) and they suddenly became liable for all their rent etc even though they were still entitled to housing benefit and council tax benefit due to being on a low income. By the time it was recalculated and the benefit paid they were already in arrears with the rent and the temporary contract was over!

Gribs

How much are you paying?

wellhung
    Free Member

£100 per day invoice only

jota180
    Free Member

So your only really looking for someone set up as a contractor already who’ll take £100/day?

rather than someone off the dole queue?

knottyknotty
    Free Member

contact clayton plant hire maghull ,john will sort u out a labourer

Junkyard
    Free Member

if it as a job and not sub contracting I could literally provide you with hundreds from the Dole
    Not many will have their own company and you wont believe this either or their own car
    I assume you advertised on the JC + website ?

You can do a rapid reclaim now re temporary job so they only suspend your claim and reactivate when you return – Housing is the council

project
    Free Member

100 quid a day, and the posibility that you may not get paid,youve signed off, and then need to sign back on, and its not easy.

been there

postierich
    Free Member

Do you not speak Polish?

wellhung
    Free Member

Project:
    Paid at the end of every working day provided i get an invoice

Postierich:
    Poles prefer more permanent positions i’m led to beleive 😕

foxyboy
    Free Member

£100 a day that is great i could buy a chippy in ince for that!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Any people who sign of for that deal would need there head examining. Wellhung,all you are doing is exploiting people.Then you have the cheek to criticise them when they don’t let you!

foxyboy
    Free Member

i dont think for one second that he his exploiting folk as that is bloody good money for labouring he is paying far more than the minimum wage.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Foxyboy, another fifty quid more and you could Own ince outright 😉 Lmao

foxyboy
    Free Member

lawmanmx type in wigan joker on you tube and then you will laugh your arse off.

nealglover
    Free Member

Any people who sign of for that deal would need there head examining. Wellhung,all you are doing is exploiting people.Then you have the cheek to criticise them when they don’t let you!

What on earth are you on about ?

That’s the equivalent of £24,000 ish a year for a job Labouring !

If people won’t sign off for that kind of money, then the country is well and truly screwed 🙄

.(and before you say it’s only for two weeks, they can sign straight back on again after they finish without needing to re apply)

alex222
    Free Member

100 * 15 = 1500

yeah that is pure exploitation

I would drive to Sheffield to wigan for that if I wasn’t in full time employment already.

Junkyard
    Free Member

it i snot a bad wage but expecting unemployed people to have transport and a company [ with the relevant insurance] is unrealistic hence why no one has applied.
    I would imagine if you offered £80 as employed you would get takers by the bucketload tbh
    If you want to e-mail I will see what I can do.

blablablacksheep
    Free Member

00 * 15 = 1500

yeah that is pure exploitation

I would drive to Sheffield to wigan for that if I wasn’t in full time employment already.

+1 that is a good wage, what are the hours?

With temp work people tend not to take it as it means they could lose their benefits and thus actually earn less money by working, which personally i think is fine as working and earning a bit less is better than doing nothin and getting benefits.

But many people im sure wont work unless it more than their benefits after NET…..people dont relise what benefits are for, and how working isnt purely about money, though it plays a large part.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Working is only about money for the poor.You bunch should visit the real world occasionally. Why doesn,t wellhung just pay some poor bigger cash in hand instead of messing up there claim.The idiots round here can take up to 13 weeks to process a claim.By which time Mr lucky labourer will be homeless and in debt.You south east middle class computer cockends live in a dreamworld.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

If its 15 days in a row without a break,thats even worse exploitation.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Foxyboy … being a born n bred Wiganer im fully aware of Jimmy’s hometown humour 😀

MSP

Its not a good wage, but it sure as hell isn’t exploitive. But there is no way you can expect someone to go self employed for 3 weeks work, sort out tax and ni, insurance etc. Lets face it you want someone under those terms because its too much hassle for you to sort out those things.

You need to get someone who is already self employed in that line, anf if you can’t get someone for what your currently offering then you need to offer more.

pitduck
    Free Member

(blablablacksheep – how working isnt purely about money) 😆

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Calling the jobless No RANT content’ is closed to new replies.