Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Calling Prophet owners..
  • Simon

I’ve just got hold of a Fox RP23 shock to replace the Float R on my Prophet.

The Float R has medium rebound and compression tune, this came from new with the frame. Works OK but want the ability to switch off the Pro Pedal hence getting the RP23.

The RP23 has low rebound and firm compression tune, is this going to cause me problems or will the range of adjustment be enough to get it to ride well.

Should I just send it back or give it a try?

peteimpreza

I have just ordered one from Merlin for less than £160, so I will let you know when I ride it next week.

Simon

That’s where mine’s from, I just assumed it’d be medium tune.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

If you dont get on with it, Mojo, TFT etc can adjust easily enough for you.

z1ppy

Regardless of the tuning (can be retuned) the Prophet preferred shocks that come with low volume air-can. Assuming you bought the std, not high volume shock off Merlin, I’d stick it on & try it out.

Simon

It is the standard air can, I knew Prophets don’t like HV shocks. I’m just concerned the rebound might not be enough.

I just wondered what tune shock other people had on their Prophets and how they got on with them.

I’ll probably fit it and give it a try.

GEDA
    Free Member

My Prophet with a RP2 has medium rebound and high compression (Tallest bar)

Simon

GEDA, that sounds promising.
    Btw does your sister live in Bingley?

Simon

Well after starting this thread I went and checked how the rebound was set on my medium tune Float R. It was 1 click away from minimum, so I decided to fit the RP23 and give it a try.

The rebound is fine, not too slow when set somewhere in the middle of it’s adjustment. Propedal in 1 is similar to how the standard Float R felt and 3 feels almost locked out. With propedal off on the down hills it’s giving the suspension feel I was hoping for, much more active.
    So seems like a good buy.

And GEDA, what I meant to say in my previous post was, do you have a sister living in Bingley? One of the mums at the children’s school has a Prophet riding brother living in Sweden, I thought it could be you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Calling Prophet owners..’ is closed to new replies.