Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Calling On Trek Remedy Owners.
  • sting
    Free Member

Hi guys,
    I have my heart set on owning an alloy version of a Trek Remedy, after i demo’ed one in the summer. The only concern i have is that i’ll be wanting to use it on all day events aswell as short rides out with mates. The weight, i am told is around 31 lbs. Have any of you guys upgraded your machine to more respectable (26-27lbs) weight? Before anybody mentions a Fuel EX. I use to have an older version of one, but sold it wanting something a bit more robust.
    Thanks for any helpful advice 😯

snakebite
    Free Member

Mine was 27lbs with 150mm black box Team Revs, King wheels etc, easily rideable all day. Now has coil Lyriks and King Earl wheelset and is a much more respectable 32lbs….

duntstick
    Free Member

Just use a complete set of skinny wheels and tyres to swap out for all day rides.

Nonsense
    Free Member

I bought a 2010 Remedy 7 in the sale. Then swapped over all my bits. Weighs 28lbs in 19.5 inch size. Spec here:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/my-new-do-everything-bike

sting
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice so far guys, especially yours snakebite. 😉 Cheers for the link Nonsense, lovely bike. I was looking at FLOW rims but how do the ARCHs compare?

snakebite
    Free Member

s’okay, its my playbike now!

jumping_flea
    Free Member

I’m currently riding a Remedy 8 2010 (well it was a 2008 but I had the frame replaced as a crash warrenty). Use it for all day peak rides to long and short trail centre rides (and stile cop as above)

Mine came in at around 30lb with full XT, however since getting the new frame I have upgraded the wheels for some pro2’s and fitted SLX double bash and a few other SLX type stuff.

Hopefully taking it abroad next year and I reckon it a great do it all bike

ton

i went to look at a 2011 remedy 8 the other day.
    very nice bike indeed.
    just wonder if they are suitable for a bigger bloke.
    any idea’s anyone?

jumping_flea
    Free Member

Ton – I’m 6ft4 and prob 16 stone with my riding gear. Riding a 21″ frame. Much prefer it to my mates Orange 5

peteroughton169
    Free Member

I have a 09 remedy 7, best bike ive ever had, out of a lot! Been to deux alpes last year, loadsa trail centres, loads of uplift days, upgraded to easton carbon bar, thompson stem, x2’s, superstar switch am wheels, xt cassette, ceramic bb. Its not cost much in 2 years and its never let me down or felt out of its depth. Goes uphill real well and loves pointing down! Get 1, i love mine. Ime on a medium, 17.5″ and ime 6′ straight.

ton

mate…….bloke in the shop said it would be no problem with the new rear shock too.
    but always good to ask.
    are they good then?
    i like that they make a proper big sized one too.

jumping_flea
    Free Member

The new rear shock is really good. The bike rides really well from local bridleways to Jacobs ladder to trail centres and bike parks.

I love new blingy bikes but if someone told me I could get a new bike tommorrow worth the same money I’d get a remedy again

Blueadvocate

Have a 2010 Remedy 7, its more or less stock apart from the tyres. Not worn anything out to replace yet. Love it though, trail centre up to now,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Calling On Trek Remedy Owners.’ is closed to new replies.