Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Calling Kinesis Sync Owners
  • HaydPD
    Free Member

Hi there,

I built up my Sync in January of this year and have had a persistent problem with a very frustrating slipping seat post. Its a shame and has really taken away from my enjoyment of the bike this year.

I have tried re-greasing the post, have tried using TI preparation and carbon friction paste. I have also tried a Thomson seatpost as well as the Reverb. My hope seatclamp broke and was replaced with a Loaded QR clamp and yet the post still slips. Is it possible that the seatpost tube was manufactured slightly larger than specification?

I am not sure what else I should try. Have any other owners had a similar problem?

jonnyrockymountain

Not that it helps much, but mine has been fine?

bol

Mine didn’t budge in 18 months with a Reverb, but I’m struggling to keep my carbon Easton in place with carbon paste. Make of that what you will. I think I probably need to be brave and REALLY tighten it, but I’ve broken clamps and posts doing that with other frames in the past.

HaydPD
    Free Member

A mate suggested that maybe my seatpost is wider than specified. I am going to borrow a mate’s vernier later in the week so that I can measure it.

HaydPD
    Free Member

I heard back from the shop I bought the frame from this morning. they want me to send back the frame so that they can check it under warranty. This would require me to strip the bike down which I am reticent to do unless its a last resort.

bol

The other option is a double clamp which bolts to the post as well as the tube.

slackalice
    Free Member

I don’t own one, but would happily own one, especially if the medium was a 650b. That aside, it’s an expensive frame, a significant investment and as such, I personally would go down the offered route.

Perhaps you could take the bike into your retail supplier and they could measure the seatpost there and then?

rewski
    Free Member

No issues with mine, maybe try a shim?

pigyn
    Free Member

Slackalice, you CAN get the medium in 650b. As im, RIGHT NOW! They just seem to have forgotten to tell anyone. I can evem sell you one 😀

slackalice
    Free Member

They do a medium for 650b???! Since when?! I’m not sure it’s a good idea to tell me that right now.

Where are you pigyn? Any available for a test?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Calling Kinesis Sync Owners’ is closed to new replies.