Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Calling in backup from the STW square eyed goggle box / home cinema geeks
  • robdixon
    Free Member

I’m trying to find a product that might not even exist and have drawn a blank..

We’ve got a sky box and home cinema box that we want to hide away in an under stairs cupboard and control from an infra red sender stuck on top of the TV.

I’ve found a couple of magic eye infra sender type things but they all have very short leads. Does anyone know of a solution that would work over a distance of 10m or so? I can’t seem to find anything on line that has a lead longer than 3m…

Any ideas would be welcome!

Flaperon

On phone so can’t send long link but dig up earlier thread about TV wall mount. That links to another thread with what you’re looking for in it.

But if if helps you could almost certainly cut the wires and extend them.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

We use a One For All remote extender to control the downstairs SKY box when watching telly in the bedroom fed from the downstairs SKY box.

Is that what you mean?

bonchance
    Free Member

I don’t have a link – but do have a modular one.

the ‘eye’ comes with an optional headphone to RJ45 / Lan dongle.

came from homeautomation.co.uk or somewhere like that..

Don’t use it any more so could sell it if you can’t find one..

edit ps I do exactly what you want to do – I just use a small ATOM PC for all that now though so IR not needed really.

nickdavies

2 ways of doing it, the magic eye doesn’t plug into your sky box it plugs into the feed into the tv, so a long lead isn’t required. So if you want to hide the sky box away that will do the trick, as long as it’s a direct connection, it wont work if the signal goes through a splitter box.

I’ve got a one for all which is a bit different, it’s a base station with a lead coming out of it with a couple of IR bits, you stick these over the IR sensors on your home equipment, then you replace one of the batteries in the remote with the included rechargable battery/transmitter which sends the signal over. Benifit of these is it works with anything not just sky. Trying to find mine online somewhere now….

Edit: Link http://www.avstorm.co.uk/prod.asp?product_idx=1855&imgstate=0 Oneforall SV1100 apparently! Paid a lot less than that though..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Calling in backup from the STW square eyed goggle box / home cinema geeks’ is closed to new replies.