Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • calling fellow lefty users…
  • wcolt
    Free Member

I’ve a 2013 lefty with remote lock out….

So the red aluminum top adjuster cap has a bit of lateral play in it (2mm play or so, small but noticeable) – is this the same as yours? The tiny allen screw at the top is as tight as it goes. My fox forx / rock shox were certainly never loose for the same item.

I ask as I’m losing green oil when riding from around the rim of this cap, and lbs says that’s normal (as is the play in the cap), so putting out there for opinion / experience.

Cheers!

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Have you got a Shimano BB tool? If so give the top collar a nip up to make sure that is tight. If that is loose you probably get some loosness in the top of the insert. There is alot of lubricant kicking about up there (there was with mine) so the leaking fluid you’re seeing is probably not damper fluid.

zilog6128

Just given mine a wiggle.

I guess it has a small amount of play in all directions as you might expect (being a rebound dial as well as lockout), pretty stiff though and certainly nowhere near 2mm. Not lost any oil either (although they’re still quite new). Super Max 130 29er.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

My PBR Supermax has minimal play after nearly 1000 miles of frequent use.

teamslug
    Free Member

I have just come in from changing damper oil on my 2010 lefty speed. Under the red rebound knob is a 10 mm nut that holds on the lockout lever. Under the lever is another 10 mm nut that secures the damper shaft to the top cap. Is one of these a bit loose. There shouldn’t really be that amount of play in knob unless top of rebound shaft is slightly rounded or there is some play in damper assembly ie could it be loose?. Hope this helps

wcolt
    Free Member

Thanks chaps, gut feel from that is something in the assembly is loose, but will have a poke with the bb tool in first instance.

jimification
    Free Member

If you still don’t get any joy, ask on the MTBR forum (Cannondale section). Good Lefty tech knowledge on there too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘calling fellow lefty users…’ is closed to new replies.