Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Calling DHers
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Off to Whistler on Saturday. The thing is that I’ve become used to not wearing a pack these days and I don’t really want to start again. However, it’s a long walk down to the village.

Any suggestions how to carry tubes, pump etc?

godzilla
    Free Member

Fanny pack.

mikey74
    Free Member

Hmmmm thought about that, but it might not fit with my body armour too well.

jam-bo

Saddlebag?

mikey74
    Free Member

I have a SDG saddle/seatpost, so no rails.

dmw536
    Free Member

Saw a few guys at the Mega this year had tubes duct-taped to the downtube. Assume they carry a CO2 thingy in a pocket.

singlespeedstu

An owner/guide of a company we’ve been away with told me about a guest that they had stopping with them.
    He said he couldn’t carry his lunch that they had proved for him as he didn’t want to wear a backpack on account of it might give him a sweaty back.

“no problem” said the guide/owner i’ll sort it for you.

Guide/owner then went into the garage and duck taped the lunch to the guests toptube.

The guest never mentioned it again and used a backpack for the rest of the holiday. 😆

mikey74
    Free Member

Cool story 😀

I don’t need to carry lunch.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Having just spent 4 days in NZ shuttling/riding with FF and a pack on, it’s not that bad. You can also carry water & food!!

Either that or pay your mates to carry your stuff.

JCL
    Free Member

It’s a pack or walk of shame. Roll the dice…

walleater

When I used to go to the Park on a regular basis (2007….) I wore TLD shorts that had pretty huge pockets. Big enough to stick a mini pump, tube, leaverz and a set of allen keys without any bother. These days when I get around to going, I just wear a pack. It’s only a mild pain to take off / on when using the lifts. Never notice it riding, and mentioned you’ve got food / drink to hand too. Whistler Mountain if pretty big if you ride from the top of it.

ratherbeintobago

leaverz

What are leaverz? Particularly gnar levers?

pinetree
    Free Member

Gaffer tape your pump to your seatpost, and a tube under the top tube somewhere. Problem solved!

BenjiM

I have a SDG saddle/seatpost, so no rails

There should be a small block that on the saddle that a Topeak Aero Wedge Bag will slide onto. I have one of these and it’s a good secure fit.

_tom_
    Free Member

Yeah just wear a bag, the walk down is crap! Its a mistake you only make once. That said a few times I just stuffed everything in my pockets but its just comfier and easier to use a bag.

torihada
    Free Member

Carry the pack: I was the ‘mule’ in whistler for our group as I don’t like riding without spares: others were happy to use spare gear cables/tubes when needed. It meant we carried on riding. You’re using the lifts, it’s not really an issue. I wore my camelback with pressure suit & leatt neck brace.

wl
    Free Member

Singlespeed – brilliant. And hope all’s well with you two.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Carry the pack: I was the ‘mule’ in whistler for our group as I don’t like riding without spares: others were happy to use spare gear cables/tubes when needed.

Reckon I would do that once, next day no spares? Catch you back for dinner.

mikey74
    Free Member

I have a Dakine Nomad pack, which is 18L, so maybe a smaller one would be better.

Any recommendations?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Calling DHers’ is closed to new replies.