Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Calling BenCooper to the forum…
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Quick Brompton Q for ya.

Need to get a second seatpost so I can attach my daughters tagalong quickly with minimal fuss. All the replacement seatposts are like the one below, with no apparent means of attaching a seat. I can find no additional clips or clamp for saddle attachmen anywhere if this is the case. Could you advise on what I need in addition?

Many thanks.

Not received the bike yet so I may be overlooking something which would be evident if I had it in front of me….

-m-
    Free Member
    lightman
    Free Member

You need a separate clamp or just buy a normal extra long seatpost.

nedrapier

the brompton one will cost you £20 odd and look pretty in a place you never look, or you can google “bicycle saddle clip” and buy one for a fiver that’ll do the same job, but look less pretty in a place you never look.

-m-
    Free Member

Ah yes, but the Brompton one is “ingenious and incredibly light” – so it must be well worth £20 for their version of something you find on most kids bikes 🙂

loddrik
    Free Member

Thanks chaps.

mocha
    Free Member

Are you going to file the bottom of the seat post to allow you to remove it in the conventional way? As they come Brompton posts are removed from under the bike after removing the seat.

bencooper
    Free Member

Sorry, wasn’t paying attention 😉

The Brompton posts are flared at the bottom, so unless you cut the flared bit off you won’t be able to take the post out to the top – and I wouldn’t recommend doing that as it’d mean you wouldn’t have a safety stop.

One way to do it would be to use the telescopic seatpost, and have two upper sections – the upper part is a standard 25.4mm post as well, so you can get versions with integral clamps.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Calling BenCooper to the forum…’ is closed to new replies.