Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Calling all Spoke Experts
  • vonplatz
    Free Member

I own a set of wx 35 wheels and I love the fact they have bad ass black Sapim CX Ray aero spokes for when I mince round a corner with a few stones in it.

I ordered a new rear wheel in 26 flavour and was dismayed to see that the spokes were round!

I called the seller and they said that they were going to contact Syntace to confirm that there hadn’t been a mix up but because it was Saturday I’d have to wait.

I looked on the internet and found… this link.

According to article

The MX series remains the high end and switches from bladed Sapim spokes to triple butted Sapim spokes. Weight is about the same, but they say that should make for easier maintenance and replacement availability.
    Which Sapim Spokes are triple butted? They had better be the same price as the CX Rays as the wheel has not dropped in price!

Which Sapim Spokes are triple butted? They had better be the same price as the CX Rays as the wheel has not dropped in price!

Northwind

Force is triple butted, don’t know of any others. Haven’t met any in the flesh but Sapim’s quoted weights are a lot heavier than the CX-Ray- more on par with the Race, so not sure if it’s those.

(it’s got a really fat, 2.2 J-bend which fits with the standard wisdom that spokes usually break at the J, but not with my experience that no they bloomin don’t)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Calling all Spoke Experts’ is closed to new replies.