Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Calling all roadies Size question
  • trailster
    Free Member

I’m 6ft/1 with a 34″ inside leg, What size do you recommend? Never had a racer before.

djflexure

I’m about the same and on a 58

Teetosugars
    Free Member

trailster – Member
    I’m 6ft/1 with a 34″ inside leg, What size do you recommend? Never had a racer before.

Try as many as you can..

But yeah. 58 would be my guess too..

JoB
    Free Member

about this size (waves arms around)

go to a bike shop that knows what they’re talking about and sit on a few and see what feels right for you

Rorschach
    Free Member

L giant
    58 trek
    60 cannondale
    60 kenesis
    xl parlee

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Depends how long your arms are. Top tube length is more crucial than seat tube/top tube height.

You can get pretty short 58s and pretty long 56s. Maybe even a 54 if it’s long enough or youve got short arms.

I’m 5’10” with short legs and monkey arms on a MediumLong Lynskey with a 120mm stem.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

56 or 58 depending on the angles, your flexibility and stem reach etc. Best try one.

I’m roughly the same and have a 56 crossbike that doubles as a road bike in summer, however I’d get a 58 if were to buy a Canyon or Cannondale road bike.

glenh
    Free Member

I’m 6’2″ and wear 34″ leg trousers. I ride a 58cm trek, which tallies with the above.

trailster
    Free Member

Wow, thanks for the great response, I did try a boardman 58″ which felt too big, so I might go and try some different makes to compare, thanks.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

56 IMO. I am 5’11” And ride 54″ scott addict with 125mm stem

bm0p700f
    Free Member

I am 6ft1″ with 34″ inside leg and fit perftecly on a 59x59cm traditional frame (I forget the angles) with inline post with seat in the middle and 110mm stem. I have ~24″ arms to my hand around a bar.

On a compact frame (dpending on the seat tube drop an top tube length) a 57 or 58cm would work well. Top tube length + stem length is very important but so are the other frame dimensions.

It is easier to size upo a frame if you have a prefered riding position as you can see which frame gives you that.

FuzzyWuzzy

You can’t go strictly off manufacturer sizes anyhow, some measure that on the seat tube, some the top tube, some effective top tube, some just seem to pull it out of their asses etc etc.

globalti
    Free Member

Don’t forget to check the handlebar width; you will need a 44 cm bar, smaller will feel constricted to you.

jimification
    Free Member

Don’t forget to check the toe overlap (and allow more room for when using mudguards)

akira

Get the right size is the only proper answer, too many variables in bikes and riders to second guess and fit is very important on a road bike.

trailster
    Free Member

I have ordered a new road bike in 56.5 Picking it up on Friday.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Calling all roadies Size question’ is closed to new replies.